Managing and maintaining professional conduct and positive relationship between employees as well as between employees and employers has never been easy – that’s why a professional Labor Relations Officer is always needed. The Department of the Premier in Western Cape government is inviting qualified candidates with positive manner and the ability to build positive network relationship to join their team. The job may not be easy but it provides a good and impressive career opportunity for those who want to develop a career in a government institution.
About the Position
With reference number of WCG191203-6 and the tracking number of DOTP 2019-99, the position of Labor Relations Officer would be permanent in Cape Town, Western Cape. The Department is looking for a competent and skilled individual to be responsible for all employee relations and connection, regarding disputes, misconduct, and grievance within employee relations scope. Not only the individual needs to be skilled and expert in the job, but he/she should have a positive and genuine empathy. They will get salary level 8 which reaches up to R 316 791 a year.
There are several basic requirements that all candidates must meet if they want to qualify for the Labor Relations Officer position. The requirements include:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa – which must be proven by a valid ID
- They must not have any criminal record
- They must have a valid driving license code B
- They must have at least one year of administrative experience
- They must have the appropriate qualification in 3-year tertiary education in Law, Human Resource Management, or Labor Relations. It should be Bachelor degree or National Diploma – and they need to have the certificate
The individual would be responsible for these tasks:
- Implementing measure to prevent labor unrest
- Handling misconduct and grievances matters
- Handling disputes
- Rendering advice on grievances and misconduct matters
- Rendering support services as well as representing employer within dispute matters
- Drafting submissions for the mandates and representing the employer within arbitrations and disciplinary hearings
- Conducting investigations related to disputes, queries, and misconducts
How to Apply
The application will take place online – there is no other method used. Candidates need to visit this link so they can register and create an account. Only those having the account can log into the site. They can complete the application form, as well as providing the supporting documents.
It is said that only shortlisted candidates would be contacted by the admission board and they need to provide the supporting document for verification process. The documents may include (although not limited to these items only):
- An updated CV
- A certified copy of South Africa ID document
- Certified copies of Diploma or other educational records and certificates
Be advised that shortlisted candidates may have to go through interview sessions. All candidates are advised to note down that deadline is on January the 20th 2020. Any late submission would be automatically ignored. Candidates can contact Mr P Samuel at (021) 483 4646 if they have further questions about Labor Relations Officer position.