Western Cape Department of the Premier has offered a vacant position to join their team as a professional Health and Social Application Development Manager, confirmed by tracking number of DOTP 2019-94 and the reference number of WCG1912204-4. This position is permanent and the candidate will be placed in Cape Town. The vacant position is offered to a potential, dedicated, and hard-working individual who isn’t afraid to meet challenges and perform their duties as best as they can.
Table of Contents
About the Position
The person would be responsible for maintaining the Health Information System, making sure that the platform remains stable and reliable. The person will also be responsible for the delivery and support of the system, which also covers contract and project management as well as vendor implementation of developed software modules. The individual will get the salary of level 11 which can reach up to R 733 257 per year.
There are several general as well as specific requirements that all candidates must meet in order to qualify for this Health and Social Application Development Manager position. The requirements are:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must not have any criminal record
- They must have an appropriate tertiary qualification for at least 3 years, such as a 3-year National Diploma or even higher
- They must have the experience in ICT environment for at least 5 years with a minimum 3 years in middle management
- They must have a valid and official driving license code B
Candidates with these extra qualifications would enjoy the added benefits of higher chances of becoming the shortlisted candidates:
- They have the experience in managing development systems within public sector
- They have the experience in full life cycle development system of Enterprise Scale Applications
- They have a proven experience in managing ICT System Professionals team
- They have the experience in current development environment varieties, including Net, C++, or Oracle.
- Manage applications training, functional, and supports
- Manage a team of service providers and professionals needed to execute and deliver reliable services related to the approved prioritized needs and requirements
- Maintain Enterprise and System information architecture in Central Architecture Framework and the provincial strategies
- Manage project processes, project managers, and project office
- Provide inputs to the fiscal and budget process
How to Apply
Candidates will have to go through online application. They need to visit this link and then create an account. Once they have done it, they can complete the application form as well as the supporting documents.
The supporting documents generally cover these items although it isn’t limited to those subjects only. Be advised that you may be asked to submit more documentation so you should always be prepared. The supporting documents may be:
- A certified copy of South Africa ID document
- A certified copy of diploma, qualifications, or academic records
- An updated CV
The deadline is on January the 20th 2020. Candidates seeking further information about the Health and Social Application Development Manager position can contact Mr L Benting at (021) 483 8941.