Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Western Cape government is focusing on the development of E-Government for Citizens, a program that can connect the government with its people, so they have decided to offer a vacant position of Content Researcher to the qualified and competent candidates. There are certain responsibilities that these researchers have to meet and they should be able to tackle the challenges and obstructions too.
About the Position
Western Cape Government has confirmed the position of Content Researcher that will be stationed permanently at Cape Town CBD in Department of the Premier through tracking number of DOTP 2019-92 and reference number of WCG191115-1. The person will receive salary level 8 that can reach up to R 316 791 per year
They expect that the candidates would be qualified and skilled for the position as he/she would be responsible for creating content coordination as well as strategic content that may include research, multimedia creation, and writing within all e-Government channels for the online platforms. It is expected that the individual must have Digital Media experience.
There are several basic and general requirements, as well as specific ones, that all candidates must need to meet in order to qualify for this Content Researcher position. The basic requirements include:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must not any criminal record
- They must have the appropriate and related qualifications in 3-year tertiary education, including National Diploma or higher qualifications related to media
- They must have at least 2 years of experience in online publishing sector or environment
Extra knowledge of these fields would be helpful:
- They have the working knowledge of content management systems and ICT environment
- They are familiar with Image Optimization, Video Editing Software, and Social Media platform
- They must have a valid and working driving license
- They have the experience with a big and reputable publication
- They are familiar with content gathering, editing, and research
- They must have good communication skills, both in verbal and written forms
- They must be able to use various multimedia equipment
- They are able to work individually, especially in doing research independently
- They must have a proven and good writing ability
- They must have good knowledge and understanding of SEO
How to Apply
Interested candidates need to realize that the only available application process is through online system. They need to go to this link, where they need to register and create an account. Once you have done it, they can complete the online application as well as providing the supporting documents. It is possible that the candidates may not understand what kinds of supporting documents to submit, but once they have applied, further information may be given to them.
The supporting documents may include:
- A comprehensive and updated CV
- A certified copy of ID document
- Certified copies of qualifications, including educational certificates or diplomas or others
The deadline is on January the 20th 2020. Candidates who still have further questions about this Content Researcher position or if they want to learn the details about the vacancy can always contact Mr L Rushin at (021) 483 9772.