Independent Police Investigative Directorate (IPID) is an agency in the government of South Africa which is responsible for investigating complaints against police service and municipal police services. It helps those who have no power and ability to get the fairness that everybody deserves. If you wish to learn more in this field, you can take your chance in applying for IPID internship.
There are several options of places to apply and some requirements as well. However, when you have made up your decisions, you can check this information related to the internship.
Table of Contents
Job Title: IPID internship
Recruiter: Independent Police Investigative Directorate (IPID)
- National Office: Legal Services, HRM&DS, Supply Chain Management, Communication, Internal Audit, Investigation and Information Management Services
- East London
Salary: R4000 (National Office and Eastern Cape Provincial Office) & R5066 monthly
Reference number: Q9/2021/07 – Q9/2021/31
Type of work: full-time 12 months
Moreover, some requirements for IPID internship are different between the field of the internship programme you are applying. However, these differences are only for the field of study you are pursuing, as follows.
- All applicants have to be in the age between 18 and 35 years old
- Having National Diploma in Policing or Bachelors in Criminology (Nelspruit, Bellvile, Johannesburg, Durban, Polokwane, Kimberly, East London, Bloemfontein & Mahikeng) is essential
- For the National Office, having the Bachelor’s degree in Laws, Human Resource Management and Supply Chain Management NQF 7, Technology in forensic Science or National Diploma in Internal Audit and Public Relation is compulsory
- Having Bachelor’s Degree in Technology in Forensic Science is a must (Durban, Johannesburg, Bellville, and East London)
- Having a Bachelor’s Degree in Laws is compulsory for the Provincial offices of KwaZulu-Natal, Gauteng, Western Cape and Eastern Cape
- N6: National Certificate in Public Management will be the minimum qualification to work in National Office and Eastern Cape Provincial Office, East London
In addition, the applicants must also complete these following documents for being eligible for the IPID internship.
- A Z83 application form which is obtainable and downloadable from any Public Service Department
- A comprehensive Curriculum vitae (CV)
- Original certified copies of qualifications
- A letter from TVET college stating the required work experience (only available for TVET Graduates)
- A copy of Identity Document
- Affidavit to confirm that you have never participated in similar programme before
- Proof of address
Thus, these documents have to be forwarded through email in the following.
Nelspruit: [email protected]
Mahikeng: [email protected]
National Office: Legal Services, HRM&DS, and Supply Chain Management : [email protected]
National Office: Public Relations, Internal Audit, and Investigation and Information Management Services: [email protected]
Durban: [email protected]
Johannesburg: [email protected]
Bellville: [email protected]
East London: [email protected]
Polokwane: [email protected]
Kimberly: [email protected]
Furthermore, while sending documents through the online website, you have to make sure that you have stated the reference number and the provincial office you are applying.
For all graduate IPID internship programme enquiries, you can contact Mr. M Thipe through phone calls at (012) 399 0815. For the complete information, you can click here.
The closing date of this IPID internship will be on 19 March 2021.