Working in Department of Defence might not for everyone since it requires high dedication and patience. However, if you want to challenge yourself and see how far you can go with this challenge, you can apply for Department of Defence vacancies. Moreover, this advertisement will be available for those job seekers who want to dedicate and devote their time serving the officials. Therefore, if you are the one that fits into the job, you’d better apply for it.
Table of Contents
Position: Recruitment Clerk
Recruiter: Department of Defence
Salary: R173 703 per annum (level 05)
Reference number: D ACQ/19/20/02
Probably most of you will be wondering on what the duties of a recruitment clerk in their daily schedule. Hence, here are the duties and responsibilities of the recruitment clerk in Department of Defence.
- Distributing the Military Skills Development System (MSDS) application form during the recruitment processes
- Checking the competencies of all application forms
- Registering the application form into the relevant register book
- Capturing the application form on the PERSOL system
- Attending to general enquiries to recruitment within the department
- Implementing the recruitment plan and strategies as designs based on SANDF mandates and goals
- Communicating verbally and in writing with the Division and Services about the recruitment matters
Meanwhile, in order to be a recruitment clerk, you have to fulfill all of these requirements to make yourself eligible.
- Grade 12 or NQF 4 is a must
- Having one to three years of working experience in relevant field of Human Resource Management is compulsory
- Having computer literacy especially in MS Office is preferable
- Possessing the knowledge and also insight in Human Resource Legislation related to the recruitment is obligatory
- Having the problem solving ability is essential
- The applicants must have good interpersonal relationship skills and managerial skills
- Those who have not been employed by the DOD of Public Services are encouraged to apply
Furthermore, the Department of Defence will also use these following documents as their consideration for your acceptance, as follows.
- A completed and signed Z83 application form which is obtainable from any Public Service department
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) with full particulars of applicants qualifications, training, competencies, knowledge, and also experiences
- Certified copy of Identity Document
- A copy of valid driver’s license
- Certified copies of educational qualifications which should not be older than six months
- A copy of permanent residence permits for those who are not the citizen of South Africa
- An evaluation certificate from SAQA for foreigner
In addition, these documents have to be forwarded to Department of Defence, Directorate Human Resource Acquisition, Private Bag X976, Pretoria 0001. Besides, you can also hand deliver them to General Piet Joubert Building, 218 Visagie Street, Pretoria.
The successful candidates will go through some Personnel Suitability checks including the citizenship, qualification, financial, employment and criminal record verification. Moreover, not getting any feedback after three months of the due date, you can consider your application was not successful.
Having some Frequently Asked Questions, you can contact Capt F. M. Malatji or Lt S. V. L. Mchunu through phone calls at (012) 339 5440 or 5703 or 5742.
The latest submission of the application should not be later than 19 March 2021.