Applications are now open for individuals who wants to fill in the vacant position for Investigator Vacancy at Independent Police Investigative Directorate or IPID. Please use this reference number Q9/2018/36 should you be interested in applying.
This position offers salary that amounts to R 242 475 annually. Kindly note that the notch will be higher than what’s advertised as stipulated by Section 23 of the IPID Act. The qualified candidate will be stationed at the Provincial Office situated in Johannesburg, Gauteng. To be eligible for the Investigator Vacancy at Independent Police Investigative Directorate, candidates must be in possession of at least Grade 12 certificate, NQF level four or any relevant degree or diploma in Law Policing. Furthermore, it is essential that applicants have knowledge of Criminal Law, Law of Evidence and Criminal Procedure for the sake of consideration. Having a valid code 8 driver’s license as well as the ability to drive a vehicle in that class are also important and required.
Job Skills and Aptitudes:
- Ability to work under pressure
- Computer literacy
- Competent in report writing and interviewing
- Competence in written and verbal communication
- fit and competent to handle a firearm along with willingness to undergo such a test
- willingness to perform overtime duties and be on standby
- problem solving skills
- analytical thinking
- decision making skills
- customer focus
- client orientation
- be responsible for receiving, registering as well as allocating cases
- attend post-mortems and crime scenes
- be responsible for collecting, safeguarding and processing exhibits at the crime scene
- be responsible for conducting interviews with witnesses and suspects along with obtaining affidavits
- give advice to the next of kin or victims or any other related stakeholders in terms of investigation progress
- handle stakeholders
- render investigations of cases of alleged misconduct and criminality against police members in line with Section 28 of the IPID Act
- Render seizures, searches, and collection of evidence, etc.
- Gather investigation reports as well as memoranda with recommendations to the SAPS Public Prosecutions director for consideration to prosecute or take suitable disciplinary action
- Type and draft investigation reports at the conclusion of every investigation
- Update the status of every case electronically on the database
Please submit your application by hand delivering it at Marble Towers Building, 20th floor, No. 208-212 Jeppe Streets, Johannesburg, or via post to Independent Police Investigative Directorate, Private Bag X25, Johannesburg, 2000.
Apply for Investigator Vacancy at Independent Police Investigative Directorate before October 19, 2018 by forwarding the following documents to one of the aforementioned addresses.
- Z83 application form which must be signed and fully completed. The reference number of this post must be mentioned here
- A CV
- Recently certified copies (certification must be in the three month timeframe after the publication of this vacancy) of ID document, driver’s license and a senior certificate
- A copy of permanent residence permits for applicants who are permanent resident permit holders or who are non-RSA citizens
- A SAQA evaluation results of foreign applications if you have any
If you haven’t heard from IPID in three months after the closing date, please regard your application so have failed.
Should you have any questions, please contact: Ms NM Nonyane Tel No: (011) 220 1500
For attention, please refer to: Ms M Tshabalala Tel No: (011) 220 1500