Young South African students who wish to pursue their tertiary studies but lack financial resources can now apply for funding through the AJ Foundation bursary program 2019. Students between the ages of 17 to 25 years old are eligible to apply. If you think you are academically excellent and in need of a fund then apply today!
Table of Contents
Established in 2016 by a business mentor/youth leader Jessie Julius and a professional soccer player, Cole Alexander, the AJ Foundation is a non-profit organisation situated in the Cape Metropolitan region that aims to uplift and encourage the youth within the community. As of today, the foundation has 14 members. They show support by providing the youth with access to resources that they cannot afford. Its first bursary was awarded in 2018 with the total value amounting to R 40,000. Along with the help of donations, the foundation hopes to continue with granting bursaries to high achieving and deserving students every year.
The AJ Foundation bursary program 2019 is available for students who wish to pursue their tertiary studies in all fields of study. The awards will be given based on financial need and academic performance.
To be fully entitled to this bursary program, applicants are required to fulfil all the following entry criteria below. Failure to meet all the requirements will lead to your submission being disregarded.
- Candidates must be South African citizens
- Candidates must be between the ages of 17 and 25 years old
- Candidates must reside in the Cape Metropolitan region
- Candidates must have excellent academic record
- Candidates must have completed or be currently in Matric
- Students must have proven financial need
- Applicants must intend on studying at tertiary level at a registered higher institution in the Western Cape province
To submit an application, candidates must forward an application form along with clear copies of supporting documents as stated below:
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of grade 11 final results and latest results should you be in matric at the time of application
- certified copy of matric certificate or final results should you have completed matric at the time of application
- certified copies of ID documents belonging to your parents or guardians
The application form and all the supporting documents must be merged into one PDF document. Please email your application containing the aforementioned documents to: [email protected] with the following subject line: AJ Foundation Bursary Application – your full name
Submission of those documents is mandatory and if there is any missing item then your application will not be taken into consideration.
The closing date to apply for this bursary call is on October 31, 2018. No late or incomplete application will be regarded.
Kindly note that the correspondence for the AJ Foundation bursary program 2019 will be limited to shortlisted applicants only and thus should you not get any response by January 12, 2019 that means your application was unsuccessful.
Should you need any further assistance, please contact the foundation directly via:
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 074 181 8185 or 074 203 2000