Individuals who have just recently graduates and are looking for opportunities to develop their skills and gain valuable experience are invited to apply for the Internship Programs at SABC for Fresh Graduates. This is the perfect place for you to gain exposure in the world of Broadcasting. There are so many positions available. Check them out below!
Table of Contents
SABC stands for South African Broadcasting Corporation. It provides up to 19 radio stations along with five TV broadcasts to the general public. This year, young individuals who are graduates of any recognised and accredited higher or tertiary institutions in South Africa are provided with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be able to gain worthy experience in the world of Broadcasting through the Internship Programs at SABC for Fresh Graduates. There are more than 20 positions available in this call and each requires a diploma or degree qualification in a specific field of study. A PDF consisting of full detail on the open positions can be downloaded here. Furthermore, the internship programs offered by SABC are spread all throughout the country. There are ones that are situated in Pretoria, Mpumalanga, Northern or Western Cape and KWazulu-Natal. Candidates are free to pick any open place depending on the location or qualification they happen to possess.
In order to be considered, it is mandatory that all applicants make sure they meet all the following minimum entry requirements. Failure in conforming to all the stipulated criteria will lead to your application not being regarded for the program you are applying for.
- Hold a matric or grade 12 certificate
- Must have completed a 3 or 4 year degree or diploma successfully in the discipline that you are applying for
- Must have computer literacy with MS packages. Having knowledge and ability to operate MS project will be an added advantage in certain disciplines
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must be younger than 35 years old
- Must not have done any internship prior to applying for this one
- Must not have any previous working experience in the field of study
- Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills in English
- Must be prepared to be involved in a learning agreement for a whole year that starts in October 1, 2018.
It is, however, noteworthy that candidates have a clear indication of permanent employment not being guaranteed upon completion of the internship program.
Application Submission Procedure
Applications must be made online via the SABC website.
Applicants must also submit the following supporting documents. Failure in providing all the compulsory files below will lead to your application not being taken into consideration.
- A concise one page of curriculum vitae detailing current experience, competencies and skills
- Certified copies of ID document, matric or grade 12 certificate, degree/diploma, academic transcripts as well as any other documents as needed on the aforementioned PDF link.
Candidates who are unable to apply online are also allowed to visit the nearest SABC branch. You may request to speak to the HR Manager should you need further assistance.
The closing date for the Internship Programs at SABC for Fresh Graduates is on September 5, 2018 and no late applications will be accepted.