Applications are now open for the learnership program at Anglo American. The coal business facility in South African is offering a development program for young individuals who want to enhance their skills and earn valuable experience. Read the full details below if interested!
Anglo American is a coal business that has operations in Canada, Colombia, Australia as well as South Africa. This company is entirely owned by Anglo American PLC which is a diversified mine which relies on a value-based method to business by making sustainable value that creates a significance change to become partners in the future. Individuals with a Grade 12 certificate or equivalent who wish to further their potential are given the opportunity to apply for the learnership program at Anglo American. This is a fixed term contract and is available at Coal South Africa, Goedehoop Colliery in Mpumalanga. Furthermore, external and internal applications are accepted.
The programs available for learners to apply in are as follows:
- Diesel Mechanic
- Instrumentation Mechanician
Should you be interested in this learnership program, please ensure that you are fully eligible by being able to meet all the requirements stated below. Failure in complying with these minimum criteria will lead to your application not being taken into consideration.
- Candidates must mention clearly which trade they are applying for
- Candidates must hold a Grade 12 certificate with Physical Science and Maths as passed subject (not functional maths or math literacy). Applicants who hold a Trade Specific N2 qualification with the following 4 relevant subjects are also accepted.
- Fitter: N2 – engineering science, maths, fitting & machining and engineering drawing trade theory
- Electrician: N2 – engineering science, maths, electrical and industrial electronics trade theory
- Instrumentation Mechanician: N2 – maths, industrial electronics, engineering science and instrumentation trade theory
- Diesel mechanic: N2 – maths, diesel trade theory, trade theory and engineering drawing
- Plater: N2 – engineering science, maths, plating, & structural drawing as well as platers theory
- Candidates must be in possession of a valid K53 provincial driver’s license
- Candidates must be willing to undergo a psychometric evaluation
- Experience in the Mining Industry is not compulsory but will surely be an added bonus
- Candidates must be able to or be in possession of a Certificate of Fitness
- Candidates must be willing to and be able to work shifts, do call out duties and do standby when necessary
Reference number of the learnership program at Anglo American is GH/725748/MS/18.
Internal applicants are allowed to apply by heading to “EUREKA” and click on the “My HR / Job Opportunities / Job Search. Then, simply type in the reference number in the “Job Search Box” in order to continue.
As for the external candidates please head to this page and select “Job Opportunities / Vacancies and then follow the available links. You will also need to type in the reference number in the “Job Search Box” in order to continue. Submission for this call will be accepted until September 7, 2018.