Individuals who are still in or have completed Matric and in need of a fund to pursue their undergraduate degree should apply for the Swartland Municipality bursary program for South African Youth. If you are not a current recipient of any other bursary or funding then you are eligible for this one!
Table of Contents
The Swartland Municipality offers main and secondary municipal services that cover areas such as Darling, Malmesbury, Riebeek West, Yzrfontein, Chatsworth, Riebeek Kasteel, Abbotsdale, Moorreesburg, Riverlands, Kalbaskraal and Koringberg. The head office is situated in Malmesbury and provides services such as Electrical and Civil Engineering services, Protection Services, Development Services, Corporate Services and Financial Services. The Swartland Municipality bursary program for South African Youth is available to deserving students who intend to study or are currently studying in one of the following undergraduate programs:
- Internal Audit
- Risk Management
- Supply Chain Management
The bursary will cover coverage for tuition fees, registration fees as well as exam fees.
Candidates must make sure they meet all the following minimum entry requirements before applying to ensure their applications will be regarded.
- Be a South African citizen
- Be between the ages of 17 – 35 years old
- Be residing permanently in the greater Swartland Municipal area
- Be a current student in or have completed Matric
- Intend on or currently studying as a full time student at an approved tertiary institute in one of the aforementioned fields of study.
- Have achieved at least 70% for Maths and Accounting in Matric
- Must not be a current recipient of other bursaries
- Previously disadvantaged groups and disabled individuals will be given preference
How to Apply
Applications should reach the Human Resource section of the Swartland Municipality head office before September 7, 2018. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure their application is submitted prior to the deadline.
You can commence your application by downloading and thoroughly filling out the application form.
You must also include clear copies of the following important documents. Submission of these attachments are compulsory. Therefore, failure in complying will lead to your application not being regarded.
- Certified copy of ID document
- Certified copy of Matric June results and grade 11 final results for current matric applicants
- Certified copy of matric certificate for applicants who have completed matric
- Certified copy of latest academic record or results for current tertiary students
- Certified copy of proof of permanent residential address
- Certified copy of surety’s ID document
- Proof of registration fees
- Certified copies of latest payslips of household income or sworn affidavits
Please forward your application to by hand delivering it to or submitting it via post to:
Human resource Section
Private Bag X52
No late, incomplete, faxed or emailed application will be accepted. Correspondence for the Swartland Municipality bursary program for South African Youth will be limited to successful candidates only. If you haven’t received any feedback within the 3 month time frame after the closing date of this call, please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Should you have any questions, please contact:
Gaynor April @ 022 487 9400