If you are seeking a development program opportunity then you might want to consider applying for the Internal Audit Internship at Department of Small Business Development. This program is located at the head office of the institution which is situated in Pretoria. If you wish to enhance your skills in Accounting or Auditing, then don’t pass this up!
Table of Contents
Please quote the relevant reference number within your application form, IA/03-04/19. The successful incumbent will receive a stipend amounting to R 98 204 annually. The duration of the program is 24 months. The hiring department invites all suitable as well as qualifying graduates who are between 18 and 35 years old. Candidates must possess strong interest to join in the program and have never taken part in an internship program prior to this.
- An appropriate three year qualification (Degree or National Diploma) in Accounting or Auditing as recognised by SAQA
- Excellent academic record
- Leadership roles
- Participation in community programs
Key Performance Areas:
The Internal Audit Internship at Department of Small Business Development will have the future qualified intern perform the following duties:
- Plan for internal audits
- Gather a system description and process walkthrough
- Identify risks such as inherent risks base on the documented process or system description
- Compile an audit program based on the risk evaluation
- Execute audit procedures, implementation of the controls and testing the design
- Gain practical experience in rendering Internal Audits
- Prepare accurate working papers which refer to appropriate and relevant audit evidence to support audit conclusions
- Compile exception reports as well as document valid findings
- Manage identified internal audit projects
- Complete reporting as per task allocation such as audit committee summary, memos, etc.
- Submit and compile the risk identification document on time for the line manager to review
- Submit and complete accurate time sheets
- Attend audit team meetings
- Finalise the audit file and submit it for quality review
- Develop reporting skills
- Compile reports on internal audits
- Attend meetings with line managers in order to discuss audit findings
- Coordinate inputs from relevant stakeholders and provide feedback on internal audit reports
- Coordinate with external consultants hired to supplement internal audit staff
- Engage with DSBD management as well as staff on audits rendered
Post your application to: The Registry Office, Department Small Business Development, Private Bag X672, Pretoria 0001
Alternatively, hand deliver it at: Block G, the dti Campus, 77 Meintjies Street, Sunnyside, Pretoria.
Include the following documents within your application for the Internal Audit Internship at Department of Small Business Development:
- Z83 application form
- A CV. Please attach details of at least two contactable referees
- Original certified copy of ID and all qualifications including your matric certificate
- A SAQA evaluation report of foreign qualifications if any
The deadline for this post is on April 1, 2019. The employing department is committed to the pursuit of redress and diversity. Applicants whose appointment will promote representivity in terms of disability, race and gender will be given preference as per EE target. All sorts of correspondence will be limited to shortlisted applicants only. if you haven’t heard back in three months after the deadline, you may assume your application as unsuccessful.
Should you need more details, please refer at: (012) 394-41440/45286/43097