Applications are now invited for the Food Service Aid vacancy at Department of Small Business Development. The hiring department is looking for anyone with at least a Grade 10 certificate. Please ensure that you quote the relevant reference number of this post, FSA/09/19, within your application form. If this opportunity interests you, apply today!
The vacant position is situated in Pretoria. The successful incumbent will receive salary amounting to R 115 437 annually. In order to be eligible, you must hold at least a Grade 10 certificate or its equivalent qualification at NQF Level 3. Furthermore, the employing applicants are required to have at least one year of prior working experience in food service.
The Food Service Aid vacancy at Department of Small Business Development also requires you to have the following competencies and skills:
- Computer literacy
- Sound knowledge of safety procedures, hygiene and preparation of food
- Ability to work shifts including public holidays
Once you are qualified for the job, you will be involved in but not limited to the following key performance areas:
- Be responsible for performing or rendering food service activities in regards to food distribution, preparation and serving
- Be responsible for refilling and supplying water in boardrooms
- Be responsible for washing glasses, cutleries, jugs and cups
- Be responsible for following daily cleaning schedules such as fridges, microwaves and kitchens
- Be responsible for applying and maintaining safety measures and hygiene procedures
- Be responsible for making sure that all equipment is in good working condition and is used effectively
- Be responsible for caring and operating for equipment
- Be responsible for reporting any faulty equipment and making sure that faulty equipment is repaired or replaced
- Be responsible for receiving, ordering, stock control and stock taking as well as storage
- Be responsible for completing monthly statistics
- Be responsible for performing administration functions linked to food services as well as work-related tasks as stipulated by the supervisor
- Be responsible for applying Batho Pele principles in work environment
According to EE requirement, the filling of the Food Service Aid vacancy at Department of Small Business Development will give preference to African Male / Coloured Females and Males / White Females and Male as well as People with disabilities.
Please submit your application no later than April 1, 2019 via post to: The Registry Office, Department Small Business Development, Private Bag X672, Pretoria 0001.
Alternatively, you can also hand deliver it at: Block G, the dti Campus, 77 Meintjies Street, Sunnyside, Pretoria.
Only applications that contain the following documents will be taken into consideration:
- Z83 application form which must contain clear indication of the position you are applying for. Unsigned application form will be disqualified
- A CV
- Original certified copy of ID, matric certificate and qualifications
Kindly note that candidates might be required to undergo background verification, including financial, qualifications, citizenship and criminal record check.
The employing department is committed to the pursuit of redress and diversity. Applicants whose appointment will promote representivity in terms of disability, gender and race will be given priority.