The Department of Science and Technology is now looking for a suitable candidate to fill in the vacant Maintenance Officer position. The employing institution is accepting applications from individuals with at least a Matric certificate. If you think you have what it takes to be qualified for the job, then the Maintenance Officer vacancy at Department of Science and Technology is for you.
Table of Contents
This position offers a salary amounting to R 163 563 annually. The future qualified incumbent will be positioned at the Head Office situated in Pretoria. In order to be eligible for the job, all interested applicants are required to be in possession of at least a National Senior Certificate. This educational qualification must also be accompanied by an N3 with trade test in Electrical Engineering. Furthermore, it is also compulsory that candidates have at least one year of prior working experience in connecting and fixing electrical faults.
The Maintenance Officer vacancy at Department of Science and Technology also requires all candidates to have the following skills and knowledge:
- In-depth knowledge of electricity compliance certificate along with deep knowledge of electric appliances
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organising and planning skills
- Willingness to work and assist after hours and during weekends
- Ability to be an independent worker and a team player
- Innovative and self-driven
Additionally, it would serve as an added advantage should you be in a possession of a valid driver’s license and knowledge of carpentry as well as plumbing.
- Responsible for undertaking routine maintenance of the building
- Responsible for providing maintenance and repair services
- Responsible for cleaning, removing and replacing filters
- Responsible for attending to emergency calls with regard to electricity and plumbing in the department
- Responsible for assisting with furniture removal and arranging workstations
How and When to Apply
Applications for the Maintenance Officer vacancy at Department of Science and Technology will only be accepted until March 29, 2019. In order to apply, please submit the following documents:
- Z83 application form which must be signed and completed in full. Please include three contactable referees
- A CV
- Original certified copy of ID document, qualifications and a driver’s license (if any)
- A SAQA evaluation report of foreign qualifications if any
Forward your application via post to: The Chief Director: Human Resources, Private Bag X894, Pretoria, 0001,
Alternatively, hand delivered applications are also acceptable: the Department at Building 53, CSIR Campus, Meiring Naudé Road, Brummeria.
The employing department is an affirmative action employer. That being said, people with disabilities are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Candidates must bring their driver’s license, ID or passport to get access to the department. All sort of correspondence regarding this post will be limited to shortlisted applicants only. The hiring department also holds the full right not to fill in the position if deemed necessary.
In case you wish to withdraw your application, please have it done in writing.
Should you need further information, please don’t hesitate to contact: Mr Elvis Kgoale Tel No: (012) 843 6409