Anyone with a passion for human rights should apply for the Independent Correctional Centre vacancy at Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services. Several positions are available at Western Cape Management Region. Read below to find out!
Interested candidates can apply in the following available positions. Please don’t forget to quote the reference number of the place you are applying for within your application form.
Uniondale 3/8 (Ref No: JI 20/2018)
Mosselbay 5/8 (Ref No: JI 14/2018)
Allandale/Hawequa Staart Van Paardeberg 6/8 (Ref No: JI 07//2018)
Brandvlei Max 6/8 (Ref No: JI 09/2018)
Drakenstein Juvenile/Stellenbosch 6/8 (Ref No: JI 10//2018)
George/Knysna 6/8 (Ref No: JI 11/2018)
Beaufort West 3/8(Ref No: JI 08//2018)
Ladysmith 3/8 (Ref No: JI 13/2018)
Pollsmoor Female/ Pollsmoor Medium C 6/8 (Ref No: JI 15/2018)
Pollsmoor Max 6/8 (Ref No: JI 16/2018)
Prince Albert 3/8 (Ref No: JI 17/2018)
Obiqua/Dwarsriver Warmbokveld 6/8(Ref No: JI 18/2018)
Robertson 3/8(Ref No: JI 19 /2018)
Voorberg Med B 6/8 (Ref No: JI 21/2018)
Goodwood 6/8 (Ref No: JI 18 12/2018)
The Independent Correctional Centre vacancy at Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services requires applicants to hold at least Grade 12 certificate as well as have computer literacy knowledge. This job offers a 12 month contract. However, it can be renewable and will turn into a fixed contract. The successful applicant will receive a level 5 salary on part time notch: (R84 028 95 (3/8th), R140 052 36 (5/8th) or R168 062 01 (6/8th) per year inclusive of 37% in lieu of benefits basis depending on the size of the correctional center. Furthermore, it is compulsory for candidates to be in possession of a valid driver’s license. Add to that a recommendation of nomination as an ICCV by a community organisation is required.
The successful incumbent should have the following attribute:
- Sound knowledge of the Batho Pele principles
- Public spirited
- Ability to work under pressure and assertiveness in a corrections environment
- Ability to work individually
- Have a passion for human rights
- Must be in possession of their own transport. This is not compulsory but will certainly be an added bonus.
Once you are qualified for the job, below are some of the key performance areas you can expect to be involved in:
- Be responsible to visit the correctional facility every day
- Be responsible to engage with officials and inmates on complaints as well as other matters
- Supervise the conditions of incarceration and then make reports on findings
- Supervise ad make reports on all instances of segregation, death, use of force and of mechanical
- Provide supports to officials from JICS during investigations and inspections
- Conduct administrative work that include capturing and dealing with inmate complaints as well as mandatory matters and comprehensive report writing
How to Apply
The closing date for the Independent Correctional Centre vacancy at Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services is on August 17th 2018. Please forward your application to: Standard Bank Building, No. 1 Thibault Square, 9th Floor, Cnr Long Street & Hans Strijdom Avenue, Cape Town, 8001 (hand deliver)
Applications may also be sent via post to: Judicial Inspectorate for Correctional Services, Western Cape Region: Private Bag X9177, Cape Town, 8000.
Include the following documents within your application:
- A complete and signed Z83 application form
- Certified copies of qualifications, ID documents and driver’s license. Certification must not be older than 3 months
- SAQA evaluated results of foreign applications (if any)
For more information, you can contact: Mr. L De Souza/Mrs. S Wesson. Tel No: (021) 421 1012 (Western Cape Management Region)