The International Federation of Red Cross (IFRC) has offered all interested candidates to take part in their internship programme. When you enjoy supporting youths, managing events, and collecting data, this IFRC youth internship programme might be the best one for you. Thus, check out the complete information in the following.
Job Title: IFRC Youth Internship Programme
Recruiter: The International Federation of Red Cross (IFRC) and Red Crescent Societies
Location: Centurion, South Africa
Reference number: IFRC05096
Type of work: 6 Months Contract
Additionally, participating in IFRC youth internship programme means that you will have to deal with some duties and responsibilities. Further, these duties are classified into three different categories, administrative support, program, and also communication.
- Providing professional administrative expertise and support
- Planning and organizing meetings and events internally and externally with guidance and support from NSD delegate
- Collecting, compiling, tracking, and anticipating the necessary documentation and files containing briefings and information for meetings and events
- Next, attending meetings and preparing meeting minutes, notes, meeting reports (syntheses, summaries, agreements, and action points for follow-up)
- Assisting in keeping the operational youth program file on requests and upcoming commitments and deadlines
- Supporting for making PowerPoint presentations, filing, documentation, scanning, and etc
- Also, performing other administration duties as assigned by the NSD delegate
- Aiding the Dissemination and operationalization of the 2017 IFRC Youth Policy and IFRC Youth Engagement Strategy (YES)
- Preparing for the 10th IFRC PAC by facilitating the NS review of their performance in relation to 2017 Abidjan Youth Declaration
- Supporting the NS to access financial support for Youth innovation from the Global Youth Summit
- Assisting in creating or managing a platform for enhancing Youth Engagement virtually
- Working closely with the NSD Delegate and seeking the support for expanding financial support for NS
- Supporting the research conduct and/or dialogue to understand youth priorities within Southern Africa
- Supporting in compiling best practices, lessons learnt, experiences, and stories on key thematic youth development areas
- Also, providing support in managing Youth Peer Education Network and IFRC Youth Programme logistics and procurement in organizing workshops, seminars, and conferences
- Providing support in drafting, editing, proof-reading, and preparing correspondence
- Lastly, advocating youth programme work and Youth Engagement in running NS
In addition, in order to qualify for IFRC youth internship programme, all applicants must have these following requirements.
- Having relevant university degree in development studies is obligatory
- The applicants must have experience in writing reports, concept notes, case studies, and M&E
- Having the minimum of one year in youth work or development projects targeting youth is preferable
- Having the experience working with international non-governmental organization or institution is preferable
- Also, the applicants must have the ability to multi-task, work under pressure, prioritize workload, identify and handle sensitive and confidential information
- Having good negotiation skills, communication skills, teamwork, self-started personality, organization skills, and integrity is compulsory
- All applicants must have the age under 30 years old
- Besides, they must be fluent in both written and spoken English
Furthermore, in applying for IFRC youth internship programme, you can directly click this link. Therefore, you will have to create an account by filling in your details and logging in. After that, you can just follow all the steps to complete the registration.
Moreover, for further information, you can visit www.ifrc.org.
Finally, the closing date of IFRC youth internship programme will be on 29 July 2021. Consequently, make sure that you have submitted before the due date.