HSRC, The Human Sciences Research Council, specializes and focuses on the researches on the social determinants of HIV/AIDS. Besides, they also work on the sexually transmitted infections and the tuberculosis. They want to strive for addressing the health problems at the social and population levels. By doing so, they need to hire more nurse or phlebotomist or data collectors by offering some HSRC vacancies.
Table of Contents
Position: Nurse/ Phlebotomist/ Data Collectors
Recruiter: Human Sciences Research Council
Location: All regions or provinces in South Africa
Reference number: HSC/SNPD/0321
Type of work: 12 months contract
Moreover, being a nurse or phlebotomist or data collectors requires you to deal with these following duties.
· Collecting data in accordance to the prescribed protocols by using electronic tablets
· Providing potential participants with appropriate information about the project
· Completing consent forms for all participants
· Collecting dried blood spots from infants, children and adults using kits provided by HSRC
· Ensuring quality work by following procedures, processes, and steps outlined in Training Manual
· Managing assets provided by HSRC
· Managing fieldwork expenses in accordance with both regulations and rules of HSRC
· Ensuring the full understanding of the project processes
· Attending training sessions in full
· Working within a team
However, when you wish to work as a nurse or phlebotomist or data collectors, they have to possess these following requirements to make themselves qualify for the position.
· Having Grade 12 or equivalent qualification is an obligatory
· Having post matric qualifications will earn your preferences from the recruiter
· The applicants must have knowledge of both AIDS and HIV
· Having working experience in field work or interviews will get an advantage
· Having proper experience as nurse or phlebotomist who has ever worked in research will get preferences
· The applicants must be willing to work in a team and travel long distances within and also outside one’s province
· All applicants must be the citizen of South Africa
· Being able to exercise discretion in dealing with confidential issues is a must
· The applicants must be available for the duration of the contract
· Having self-discipline and outgoing personality is compulsory
· Having the ability to read, write, and speak in English and other South Africa languages is necessary
· The applicants must be in possession of a relevant nursing qualification
· Moreover, the applicants will get training in HIV counselling and testing
· Having a valid driver’s license for the last 6 months is essential
Furthermore, the applicants have to attach some documents to complete the registration and be eligible for the position.
· A comprehensive CV
· Certified copies of qualifications
· Copies of transcripts
· A copy of valid driver’s license
In addition, you can submit your applications and these documents to www.researchnet/r/SABSSM. You have to complete all the relevant fields and submit all the documents required by the company.
When you fail to complete all of these documents, you will get dismissal for your applications. Therefore, you have to complete all the compulsory information and documents by April 2021.
Further, when you have some queries about the recruitment or the company profile, you can go to www.hsrc.ac.za.