Being the third largest municipality in KwaZulu-Natal, uMhlathuze municipality is the administrative area in the King Cetshwayo District Municipality. It is located on the north-east coast of the province. As this municipality wants to improve the value of their area, they offer some uMhlathuze Municipality vacancies as general worker.
This opportunity is available for the youths of South African who wish to deal with road maintenance. Besides, it will be good for those who have never worked before so that they will be able to gain experiences. This position requires those who are passionate, brave, independent, and also willing to learn new things they have never known before.
In the following, there will be a lot of information to refer when you are going to apply for the position.
Table of Contents
Position: General Worker
Recruiter: uMhlathuze Municipality
Location: 5 Mark Strasse Civic Centre (Richards Bay), Richards Bay Civic Center
Salary: R118 491.84 – R133 395.72 per annum
Generally, working as a general worker will have these following responsibilities to do from time to time.
- Working through all kinds of weather condition
- Doing the road maintenance including street cleaning and patching
- Assisting brick layers including Kerb laying and manhole construction
- Participating and assisting the storm water maintenance including pipe cleaning and catching pit
- Opening and checking the drain
- Checking the road from time to time to avoid accident
Moreover, to be a general worker, the applicants must have possessed some requirements whether or not they are eligible into the position.
- Having the minimum of Grade 7 or equivalent qualifications is a must
- The applicants must have good health condition
- The applicants must be able to carry 25 kg weight
- Having one year working experience in construction is compulsory
- Being able to work in different weather conditions is obligatory
- Being a team player is a must
In addition, when you want to apply for these uMhlathuze Municipality vacancies, you have to download the external application from the website. Moreover, the recruiter will later ask you to submit the external application form and also some of compulsory documents for their consideration of hiring you.
In the external application form, you have to fill all the columns started from the position, department, personal particulars, school education, tertiary qualification, and language proficiency. Further, the applicants also have to fill their present employer, previous employment, and also general information.
Furthermore, the applicants have to sign at the bottom of the second page next to the Signature. Consequently, you can deliver these documents to the Human Resources Administration: uMhlathuze Municipality, Private Bag X1004, Richards Bay, 3900. Alternatively, you can call 035 907 5000 for applying.
Furthermore, when you have some queries about the recruitment, you can visit www.umhlathuze.gov.za. Besides, you can also call 035 907 5154/5475/5184/5151.
Finally, when you are going to apply for these uMhlathuze Municipality vacancies, remember that the closing date will be on 22 April 2021.