If you have the passion in Finance and you are always interested in working in the sector, then you should consider about taking part in Harry Gwala District Municipality Finance Internship program for 2020 period. If you want to obtain valuable knowledge while gaining professional experience at the same time, then this program will give you the best opportunity. By the time you complete the program, you should be able to improve your knowledge as well as your skills significantly.
Table of Contents
About the Program
Harry Gwala District Municipality is offering a valuable opportunity for the potential and qualified candidates to take part in their internship program. Designed as the full time program, this internship opportunity can give you a direct access to professional environment and industrial exposure that would be crucial for your future career.
The Harry Gwala Municipality Council has constructed 5 positions that are aimed to provide young graduates the opportunity of professional career within local government financial sector. The Municipal Officials would work together with National Treasury to make sure that the trainees are experiencing progress – and they head toward a successful career. That’s why the internship program provides the required and substantial support and training. Candidates will be constantly exposed to the professional environment and setting.
Just like other programs, this Harry Gwala District Municipality Finance Internship program has its own standard of measurement to screen the qualified candidates. The general requirements are:
- They must be the citizens of South Africa – proven by a valid ID
- They must have completed Grade 12 or Matric
- They must have Matric certificate
- They must not have any criminal records or any pending charges
- They must be unemployed graduates and they must not have been employed previously within any institution or organization and within any internship program
- They must have completed a 3-year tertiary study and gained a National Diploma or B.Com Degree in these following majors of:
- Internal Auditing
- Local Government Finance
- Financial Management
- Financial Information System
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting
Candidates with these extra qualifications will get the added benefits:
- They must be dynamic individuals with determined quality
- They must be hard-worker with professional working ethic
- They must have excellent and flawless computer literacy skills, including good comprehension in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
How to Apply
Candidates must obtain the application form first. They can download it here before they complete it and then sign it. When you submit the application form, you need to accompany it with a certified copy of South African ID document, an updated CV, a proof of residence, certified copies of (educational) qualifications, and also a cover letter stating your field of interest.
Then, they can send the application to Miss N. Lungwengwe Executive Director, Municipal Manager, Corporate Services of Harry Gwala District Municipality at Private Bag X 501, IXOPO 3276. The deadline is on March the 20th 2020 at 15 PM sharp. Any late submission would lead to the application being automatically disqualified. Candidates can also check this link to learn more about the Harry Gwala District Municipality Finance Internship program.