The Government Communication and Information System is offering a Risk Management Internship program to qualified and potential candidates who want to work within a government body or department. If you have the passion in risk management and mitigation subject and you believe yourself to meet all the requirements, then you should send your application.
About the Program
Based on Reference Number of 3/1/5/1 – 2020, this Risk Management Internship program is designed as a full time program that will run for 24 months (2 years). It is based on a contract so the chosen interns will have to sign an agreement contract to secure their position during the period.
The interns will be placed in Pretoria, South Africa, within the Strategic Planning, Performance Monitoring, and Reporting Directorate. They are offered a stipend of R6747.75 a month during the program.
Candidates who want to be considered qualified for this Risk Management Internship program need to meet these basic requirements. They are:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must not have any criminal record or any pending charge
- They must have completed Grade 12 or Matric
- They must have Matric certificate
- They must have a National Diploma or NQF level 6 in Auditing or Risk Management
- Previous working experience isn’t required or mandatory
- They must have at least basic computer skills. Advanced level would be an advantage
- They must have a good communication skill
- Disabled candidates are welcomed and encouraged to apply
- Shortlisted candidates are subject to personnel suitability check that includes employment verification, qualification verification, credit record checks, citizenship, and criminal record check.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The appointed and chosen interns would be responsible for these tasks:
- They must provide a solid support and assistance to the Strategic Management Unit
- They must assist the Risk Manager with all corruption, fraud, and risk matters within the organization
How to Apply
Application takes place online at this link. Candidates need to download the application form first. The Z83 form can be downloaded from this link. If they can’t download it, they can get one from the Public Service Department (any of it). Then, they are expected to complete it and then sign it. Don’t forget to quote the right reference number and also the publication name where the vacancy is displayed.
Afterwards, they need to include the important supporting documents that may include an updated CV, a certified copy of a South African ID document, certified copies of all certificates, diplomas, or qualifications. Be advised that certification stamp must not be older than 3 months. Candidates must make sure that the documents are complete or their application will be automatically disregarded.
They can send the application to The DG of Government Communication and Information System at Private Bag X7 45, Pretoria 0001. If they prefer to hand deliver the application, they can do it to Mr. S. Matshageng, Tshedimosetso House at 1035 Frances Baard Street (corner Festival Street), Hatfield, Pretoria.
The deadline is on March the 20th 2020. Be advised that any late submission to this Risk Management Internship program will lead to candidates’ application not being considered and automatically rejected.