Working in medical field might bring some challenges whether or not you are capable of the environment and the job. However, working in healthcare also gives you some experiences and also practical skills. Currently, there are some Groote Schuur Hospital vacancies as a driver and a messenger.
These positions are available to apply if you have previously had some experiences and you are passionate in it. Therefore, don’t miss this information if you want to apply for it.
Table of Contents
Position: Driver and messenger
Recruiter: Western Cape Department of Agriculture
Location: Groote Schuur Hospital
Salary: R102 534 per annum
Moreover, before you apply for both positions, it is compulsory to know the duties of a driver, as follows.
- Scheduling and planning transport routes
- Transporting and loading goods and transporting clients
- Inspecting vehicles and reporting when there are any defects found
- Being responsible for the completion of trip and logbook
- Assisting the Transport Officer for maintaining the cleanliness of the transport fleet
- Preparing reports for the supervisor when necessary
Meanwhile, when you are passionate to work as a messenger, these duties will be your responsibilities to handle from time to time.
- Collecting and distributing both incoming and outgoing documents, goods, and also messages
- Driving to collect and distribute goods, documents, and garden waste off hospital grounds
- Moving assets to various departments
- Making photocopies
- Answering and responding to telephones and messages
- Maintaining registers of duties conducted
- Assisting both supervisor and staff members within the department in related to filling of documents
In addition, in the following there are some requirements to fulfill when you want to apply as a driver.
- Having basic reading and writing skills is compulsory
- Having a valid driver’s license of code E/EB and PDP is a must
- The applicants must be willing to work in irregular hours and perform standby
- The applicants must be of sober habits
- Having outstanding written and verbal communication skills is obligatory
Meanwhile, when you want to apply for the position of messenger, you have to possess these following requirements.
- Having the basic numeracy and literacy is a must
- Having appropriate messenger experience and function within a state hospital is compulsory
- The applicants must be physically fir and able to stand for a long time
- Having a valid driver’s license of code B/EB is obligatory
- Having the ability to operate a photocopy machine is vital
- The applicants must have good communication skills for at least two out of three official languages of Western Cape
Furthermore, in order to apply for the position of both driver and messenger, you can send your application to The Chief Executive Officer: Groote Schuur Hospital, Private Bag X4, Observatory, 7935, for attention Mr. MS Benjamin.
What’s more, if you have any questions about the recruitment of driver, you can contact Mr. L Terblanche at (021) 404 5037. In contrast, when you have some questions about the position of messenger, Mr. R Solomon is contactable at (021) 404 6430.
No more application is acceptable after 9 April 2021. Therefore, submitting your application as soon as possible seems to be the best way.