Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Students who want to continue their study to a higher level and take Engineering field can consider taking part in Gibela Bursary program. Students, who have the potential and promising qualifications, but coming from disadvantage families, can continue their study and gain better future through this financial support program. It enables them to reach a higher educational degree without compromising their study.
About the Company
Gibela is a joint company between French and South African rolling stock railway manufacturer. The company supports black-empowerment concept and it is always in a search of potential workers that can be used to help the company grow and improve.
The company designs Gibela Bursary program that is meant to help and support students achieve their dream to a higher study. The program is often offered in these following fields:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Information Technology
- Logistics Management
- Computer Science
- Supply Chain
The bursary is basically administered and managed by Career Wise responsible for scanning, accepting, and shortlisting the candidates. The shortlisted candidates would attend the interview assessment. In the end, Gibela would make the final selection.
The bursary applies to one year (at a time) and it would be renewed every year – but it should be based on academic achievement and performance. The bursary will cover the expenses for prescribed textbooks, meals, tuition fees, and accommodation.
There are general and basic entry requirements that all candidates must meet in order to be qualified for Gibela Bursary program. The requirements are:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must at least in Matric currently or they have completed Matric
- They must be studying (or have the intention on studying) to get an undergraduate full-time qualification in one of those fields
- They must be studying (or have the intention on studying) at a University of Technology or a recognized University in South Africa
- They must have a strong and solid academic record and they are in a financial need
- Students on their first and second year should apply
- They must have at least level 5 in English (in Matric)
- They must have at least level 6 in Mathematics, Physical Science, and Accounting (in Matric)
How to Apply
There are several ways for you to apply for the bursary:
- You can have an online application. You need to go to this link and create an account. Use the code Gibela 2020. Then you can complete the application
- You can download the application form and then send it through fax (at 086 609 7183) or email (at this link)
Don’t forget to include these following supporting documents along with your application form. If you are doing an online application, you need to upload them. The documents include:
- A certified copy of ID document
- A certified copy of the latest Matric result (if still in Matric)
- A certified copy of Matric certificate (if Matric completion is done)
- Full academic records
- Proof of study acceptance within an accredited tertiary institution
- A CV
The deadline is on November the 29th 2019. If you have further questions about Gibela Bursary program, you can contact this or call them at 086 100 7787or 086 100 8777.