Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The Department of Health is now hiring suitable candidate to fill in the General Worker stores vacancy at Murrsaysburg Hospital. This job is stationed in Central Karoo District. Anyone with basic literacy and numeracy skills are encouraged to apply.
This position offers salary amounting to R 96 549 per annum. To be qualified for the General Worker stores vacancy at Murrsaysburg Hospital, candidates need to have basic literacy and numeracy skills. Having experience in support services is also necessary that involves laundry services, cleaning services, food services, gardening, maintenance and mortuary.
Here are some of the inherent requirements for the occupation:
- Public driving permit (PDP)
- Valid code EB/B driver’s license
- Ability to work irregular hours and under pressure when necessary
- Willingness to work over weekends, work shifts as well as on public holiday
- Incumbent must be strong and healthy enough to lift heavy objects as well as be on their feet all day.
Job-related skills and competencies:
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate, both verbally and in written form, in two or three of the Western Cape official languages
- Ability to accept responsibility and accountability as well as to work independently in all support service areas
- Knowledge of circular 4 of 2000, transport regulations as well as the road network in the Central Karoo areas
- Be responsible for loading, transporting and delivering goods such as supplies, stock, goods, blood products, linen and specimens in the Sub District
- Be responsible for maintenance inspections of vehicles
- Conduct timeous reporting of defects in order to maintain transport fleet in roadworthy states
- Make sure log books are accurately completed
- Be responsible for registers and all routine administration
- Be responsible for providing an effective support service to the laundry, cleaning department, the facility and the food services unit (hospital and PHC)
- Help with gardening, maintenance and moving of corpses to the mortuary in the facility
- Conduct other duties as stipulated by the supervisor
Interested candidates must forward their applications via post to the District Manager to:
Eden District Office, Private Bag X6592, George, 6530.
Your application must be attached with:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Certified copies of educational and relevant qualifications as well as ID document
- SAQA evaluation report of foreign qualifications (if any)
Please submit your application no later than October 19, 2018. No late or incomplete submission will be taken into consideration. Applications forwarded via email or facsimile will not be regarded either.
It should be noted that candidates will never be required to do any kind of payment when applying for this vacancy. Candidates who have applied for the General Worker stores vacancy at Murrsaysburg Hospital should be ready and available to attend selection interviews on a place, time and date as stipulated by the hiring department. Excess personnel will be given preference.
In accordance with the Employment Equity Plan of the Department of Health, this post is intended to achieve equity in the workplace by promoting fair treatment and equal opportunities through the dismissal of unfair discrimination.