The Metro East Logistical Services within the Department of Social Development is now looking for a suitable applicant to fill in the vacant position as the Administration Clerk. Applicants are preferably to be ones with a passion in clerical environment. No kind of recommendations will be highlighted during the selection process. The Administration Clerk vacancy at Department of Social Development will rely solely on the strength of your resume.
Please include the reference number of this advert within your application, DSD 2018-110. This position offers a level five salary amounting to R 163 563 annually. The successful applicant will be stationed at the Social Development Department situated in the Western Cape Government. The minimum educational qualification required in order to be eligible for the Administration Clerk vacancy at Department of Social Development is Grade 12 certificate or any of its equivalent qualification.
Candidates are required to have knowledge of the following:
- Legislative policies, framework and prescripts governing Supply Chain Management processes like GG transport in the public service
- Knowledge of the modern system of administration and governance such as BAS< LOGIS, Trade World, IPS and CSD
- Knowledge of legal, constitutional and institutional arrangements guiding the South African public sector
Job-Related Skills and Competencies
- Ability to conduct verbal and written communication in two or three official languages in Western Cape
- Good organising skills
- Proven computer literacy
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Conduct effective administration service of transport procedures and policies
- Help with effective maintenance and maximum utilisation of fleet
- Conduct support to the region related to leave, performance and personnel documentation
- Render function of provisioning administration relevant to stores, ordering, recording and issuing of goods
- Assist with application of correct procedures and determining needs pertaining to provisioning
- Lobby with service providers in respect of the delivery and supply of goods
- Render assistance with regards to asset management relevant to database compilation to record all assets
- Render reporting on all assets gathered on a quarterly basis
- Compile inventories such as equipment and stores
- Lobby with inventory controllers of institutions and offices to make sure there is a uniformed approached employed in the recording of assets
- Assist with the stocktaking procedures as stipulated by the Provincial Treasury
Interested candidates must apply online here. Kindly note that only applications submitted online will be taken into consideration by the hiring Department.
The closing date of this post is on October 15, 2018. No late application will be regarded either. Ergo, it is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure a timeous submission. Candidates who have been deemed shortlisted will be asked to submit copies of their documentation for the sake of verification. These applicants will also be required to be available for selection interviews on a time and date as decided by the Department of Social Development.
Should you need further information or have any queries related to the Administration Clerk vacancy at Department of Social Development, please contact: Mr M Thobei at (021) 812 0900
You can also refer to technical support which is available on Monday until Friday every 8:00 until 16:00. Hotline: 0861 370 202