Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Unemployed youth are encouraged to take part in DSV learnership program so they can gain the skills and expertise needed to improve themselves. Through the learnership program, they are expected to improve their skills and experience professionally so they can gain better career option in the future. After all, the learnership program combines both theoretical session as well as practical implementation.
About the Program
The company was set up in 1976 as a Danish Transport and Logistics company. They offer various transportation worldwide services by train, sea, road, and air. They are now the fourth largest transport and logistics company in the world. They have 1,000 logistics facilities and offices, 40,000 employees, and they are available in 80 countries.
The company generally offers several learnership programs in various subjects, such as:
- Freight handling
- Freight forwarding
- Supply chain management
- Project management
- Business administration
- Information technology
The program lasts in a year (12 months) with combined practical hands-on and theoretical training. The successful candidates will get monthly stipend whose amount would be determined by the company. However, the stipend won’t cover for their meal cost, accommodation, or transport.
Each learnership program has its own standard of qualification and measurement. If you want to be considered eligible for DSV learnership program, you need to meet their requirements. They are:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa that is proven by valid and legit ID document
- They must be unemployed youth, with appropriate age limit
- They must complete Matric and have the certificate
- They must be computer literate, at least they need to be experienced in using MS Outlook and Office
- If you fail to meet all of these requirements, it is highly possible that your application would be denied.
- They must have a good command of English in terms that they are able to speak, write, and read in English
- They must be able to work with high accuracy
- They must have good attention and focus to detail
- They must be flexible – able to work in a team and to work alone
- They must be able to work without supervision
- They must have god time keeping ability and they must be punctual too
- They must have a basic understanding and knowledge of services and products of logistics companies
How to Apply
The application will take place online so interested candidates are expected to visit this link. They can complete the online application form as well as uploading the supporting documents. The supporting documents include:
- A CV
- A certified copy of South Africa ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications
Be advised that candidates may be required to provide more supporting documents later as the shortlisted candidates. Always be ready with the preparation.
The program is generally offered and be made available on a yearly basis, so be sure to have a regular check to the official site or to the given link. The candidates can always contact them at this link to learn more about DSV learnership program.