Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The Department of Defence is looking for several people to be placed in the Food Service Aid II positions at some Air Force Bases, one of them being in Bloemspruit. Individuals with a Grade 10 certificate and appropriate knowledge of work procedures are encouraged to apply. The Food Service Aid II vacancy at AFB Bloemspruit will be closed on August 17th 2018.
This vacancy is available for the base located in Free State. The successful incumbent will be receiving a level 2 salary which amounts to R 96 549 per annum. Candidates are required to be in possession of ABET level 1 – 4 or Grade 10 certificate that will serve as a minimum requirement. The Food Service Aid II vacancy at AFB Bloemspruit requires applicants to have knowledge of a limited range of work procedures such as organizing and planning, training, food prep, equipment use, etc. additionally, it is mandatory that candidates are healthy and physically fit.
Once you are qualified for the job, you will be involved in but not limited to the following duties:
- Help with the serving and preparation of foods and drinks in all its forms
- Render hygienically preparation such as cutting, washing and cooking
- Prepare and serve coffee, tea and other drinks
- Supply water on dining tables
- Pack supplies received in the food storage areas
- Remove all kitchen waste
- Keep dining hall, kitchen and food storage areas tidy and clean
- Clean up and wash after meals
- Set tables which may include decorating
- Wait on tables
- Make sure only authorised personnel have access to consume meals and to the kitchen
- Make sure all the equipment are suitable for service and report any shortages and defects
- Implement high standard of safety measures and hygiene in work environment
How to Apply
The closing date for the Food Service Aid II vacancy at AFB Bloemspruit is on August 17th 2018. No late or faxed application will be considered. Please forward your application by hand delivering it at: Air Force Base, Masselpoort Road, Bloemspruit 9364
Or alternatively you can submit it via post to: Department of Defence, Air Force Base Bloemspruit, Private Bag X20608, Bloemspruit 9364
Individuals who are not employed by the Department of Public Service or Department of Defence are encouraged to apply.
Your application must include the following important documents:
- Z83 application form. Quote the reference number of this post here (SAAF/21/18/02). The form must be originally dated and signed
- Certified copies of ID documents, qualifications, and educational qualification certificates as well as driver’s license if applicable
The qualified incumbent will undergo personnel suitability checks. He or she will also be subjected to security clearance processes. If you haven’t received any confirmation within 3 months after the deadline that means your application was unsuccessful.
Correspondence for this vacancy will be limited on shortlisted candidates only due to large volume of responses anticipated.
Should you have any questions, please contact: Maj F.G. Fatyi, Tel No: (051) 405 6310 WO2 M.P. Mosedi, Tel No: (051) 405 6050