Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Students who have a passion in Accountancy now have the chance to apply for the PWC bursary program in Accounting Sector. Qualified and exceptional students will be financially assisted provided they have excellent university or school academic records. Anyone intending or currently studying towards a SAICA accredited degree is eligible to apply!
PricewaterhouseCoopers or PwC is a professional services provider established as the result of a merger between two accounting firms in 1998 – Coopers & Lybrand and Price Waterhouse. It is the largest provider in Africa with almost 400 partners and more than 9000 staff members across 34 countries. PwC operates in various industries including but not limited to: Financial Services; Asset and Wealth Management; Banking; Insurance; Oil and Gas; Pharmaceuticals; Mining; Engineering and Construction; Industrial Manufacturing; Renewable Energy; transportation and Logistics; Higher Education; Healthcare; Agribusiness; Automotive and many more.
The company is pleased to announce the PWC bursary program in Accounting Sector for students planning or are currently studying towards a SAICA accredited degree which will ultimately lead to a Chartered Accountant (SA) designation. The award includes a portion of tuition fees as well as prescribed books – the proof of not being able to pay for the cost of the study that students provide will determine the amount of award. Students will later be required to cover the remaining cost. Furthermore, upon completion of the study, students will be assigned to a training contract to work for PwC.
Candidates must meet the following minimum entry requirements before applying:
- Be a South African citizen
- Proven financial need
- Be currently in or have completed Matric
- Current Matric students must:
- Have achieved at least level 6 for Maths and English HL/SL
- Have achieved at least average of 70%
- Show commitment to study Chartered Accountancy
- Intend on becoming a full time student studying at a SAICA accredited University in South Africa
- Current University students must:
- Be a full time student at any SAICA accredited University in SA
- Be studying towards SAICA accredited degree, leading to a Chartered Accountant (SA) designation
- Have passed all subjects with at least average of 65% (for 1st year students)
- Have passed all subjects with at least average of 60% (for 2nd year students)
- Have passed all subjects with at least average of 55% (for 3rd and 4th year students)
Additionally, applicants must also possess the following qualities:
- Strong leadership skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team
Students can apply for the PWC bursary program in Accounting Sector online here.
Complete all these steps to apply for the PwC bursary:
- Complete the online application and register here
- Apply for a fitting position
- Attend the first interview
- Attend the second interview
- Get an offer from PwC
- Sign contract
More information about the application can be found here
The closing dates:
- Gauteng (Johannesburg/Pretoria): December 31st 2018
- Eastern Cape (Port Elizabeth/East London): October 31st 2018
- North East (Emalahleni/Middleburg/Nelspruit): September 30th 2018
- Central (Kimberley/Welkom/Bloemfontein/Mafikeng): August 31st 2018
- Western Cape (Cape Town/Stellenbosch/Paarl/Worcester/Robertson): August 12th 2018
For enquiries, please contact PwC: 011 797 4000