Applications are now open for the Vodacom Bursary program for South African students. Individuals who are currently in Matric, have graduated or are current university students in specific fields of Science and Engineering are encouraged to apply for this amazing opportunity because students may have the chance to take up employment within the Vodacom Company upon graduation.
Vodacom is a mobile communication company in South Africa which was founded in 1994 that provides voice, data, messaging and converged services to over 50 million customers. It was previously owned by Vodafone and Telkom. It now operates in South Africa while also have networks in Mozambique, Lesotho, the DRC and Tanzania. The Vodacom Bursary program for South African students is a full bursary that includes all study related expenses such as prescribed textbooks, tuition fees, meals and accommodation. Qualified students will also take part in practical training or vacation work every year. Additionally, upon graduation students will be able to participate in the Graduate Development Program and work at Vodacom (depending if there is an open positon).
This bursary is open for students who wish to study or are currently studying in one of the following fields:
- Actuarial Science
- Computer Engineering
- Information Systems
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering (Light Current)
- Electronic Engineering or Electronic
- Any University of technology degrees/diplomas in relevant fields of study
In order to be considered for the bursary, students must meet all the following eligibility criteria:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have completed Matric or be currently in Matric
- Must be studying or intending on studying in one of the above field of studies
- Must be studying or intending on studying as a full time student at a recognised University of Technology or any South African University
- Must have achieved at least 70% for academic results for Science and Maths in Matric
- Must have achieved at least level 6 for Science and Maths in Matric (for Science and Engineering degree students)
- Proven financial need
How to Apply
Applications for the Vodacom Bursary program for South African students will be accepted no later than August 31st 2018. Application received after the deadline will not be taken into account. Therefore it is your responsibility to ensure that your application is submitted before the closing date.
Commence your application by downloading the application form.
You will also be required to attach copies of the following supporting documents. These documents must be uploaded to your online profile if you are applying online. However, you must attach copies of these and not the original one if you are applying with the application form.
- Passport size photograph
- Certified copy of ID document
- Grade 11 final results for current matric students
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution
- Matric certificate for individuals who have completed matric
- Full academic record to date for current tertiary students
Your application can be submitted in one of the following ways:
Facsimile: 086 609 7183
Email: [email protected]
Career Wise (Pty) ltd
PO Box 30632