Ewseta Bursary is provided for students who are struggling financially to continue their study to a higher level. With the financial support, the students at least won’t have to struggle too hard to complete their study. And the financial support can cover several important elements that are important for the continuation of the study.
Table of Contents
About the Program
EWSETA or The Energy and Water Sector Education and Training Authority is one of South African’s twenty-one SETAs focusing on skill development. They are responsible for serving and doing their best in water and energy sector. They are focusing on the skills development management in the framework of National Skills Development Strategy III. Their area of expertise includes renewable energy, gas, and water.
Every year, the company would offer bursaries and financial assistance for students who want to pursue study in related field of Water and Energy. As long as the students are taking the subjects that are related to Water and Energy then they are considered eligible for the Ewseta Bursary program.
There are several basic requirements for this Ewseta Bursary program. The requirements include:
· The candidates are the citizens of South Africa – and it must be proven by the valid and legal ID document
· They must have completed Matric – and have the certificate
· They must currently study or have been accepted within a recognized tertiary institution in South Africa, taking the related subjects to Water and Energy
· Preference and priority would be granted to students that are included within these categories: female students, disabled students, and people from disadvantaged communities
How to Apply
Candidates must download the application form at this link and the complete it. When they submit it, they need to include the supporting documents. Be advised that the documents should be complete. If you fail to meet even one of them, your application would be disregarded.
· A certified copy of ID document
· A certified copy of Matric certificate
· For the first time tertiary applicants, they need to include the proof of university registration
· For the current tertiary students, they need to include a full academic record that is up-to-date
The application form can be submitted in these ways:
· Via post to The Ewseta, P.O.Box 1273, Houghton 2041
· Via email at [email protected]
· Via hand delivery to Ewseta Head Office at Gauteng, 32 Princess of Wales Terrace, Sunnyside Office Park, MPF House, Johannesburg 2000
There are several Ewseta spots to drop the application, such as:
· Ewseta Western Cape Provincial Office at False Bay TVET College, Westlake Campus, Westlake Drive, Westlake, Cape Town 7945
· Ewseta Easter Cape Provincial Office at Port Elizabeth TVET College, Russell Campus, 139 Russell Road, Central Town, Port Elizabeth 6200
This program doesn’t have any deadline. The application is always open all year round and students are encouraged to send their application any time. If they have further questions about the Ewseta Bursary program or they want to know the details of it, they can contact Ewseta at [email protected] or at 011 274 4700.