Department of Social Development in Western Cape Government is currently offering some vacancies for all South African youths. Fortunately, one of the available positions in the department is as a general foreman. Thus, when you think that you are interested in this position and you have met all the requirements mentioned, you can apply for these DSD Western Cape Government vacancies as soon as possible.
In the following, there are all the details about the DSD Western Cape Government vacancies to further consider, as follows.
Table of Contents
Position: General Foreman
Recruiter: Western Cape Department of Agriculture
Location: Department of Social Development, Western Cape Government
Salary: R145 281 per annum (level 04)
Reference number: DSD 74/2021
Specifically, being a general foreman will require you to be responsible with these following responsibilities and duties, as follows.
- Supervising subordinates
- Being responsible for the general maintenance
- Repairing buildings, water pipes, water systems, implements, machinery, furniture, sewerage systems, equipment, and also electrical wiring and installation
- Maintaining garden and grounds
- Cleaning grounds and offices
- Ensuring the refuse removal
- Exercising control over tools, supplies, and another equipment
- Assisting with all maintenance projects when necessity
- Ensuring record keeping of all work done
In addition, in order to be a suitable one, someone must have these following requirements.
- Having Grade 10 or Junior Certificate of equivalent qualifications is compulsory
- Having the minimum of working 2 years in relevant experience is obligatory
- The applicants must have good understanding of repairing, plumbing, and also wielding
- Understanding the basic safety precautions in handling hazardous material liquids is vital
- Having communication skills and basic literacy skills is necessary
- Being able to work in garden and handle equipment is a must
Furthermore, there are also some other documents which are compulsory for all applicants to provide beforehand.
- A newly and signed Z83 application form
- A current CV of 5 pages maximum
- Copies of identity document
- Certified copies of qualifications
- Proof of other requirements
Further, there are three ways on submitting your applications. You may choose one of them that you consider the easiest and the most comfortable one.
- First, you can hand deliver your application for Attention: Western Cape Government Jobs, 44 Gannet Street Pelican Heights, Cape Town (from Monday to Friday between 7 AM to 17 PM)
- Second, you can post your application for Attention: Western Cape Government Jobs, PO Box 113 Meizunberg 7950
- Third, you may also send your application through email at [email protected].
Do not forget to clearly mention the reference number and also the post in the subjects. Also, do not forget to ensure that all attachments have been in the right format. The recruiter is not going to tolerate invalid, incomplete, and late applications.
Unless you heard anything from the company 3 months after the due date, you may assume that your application was not successful.
Moreover, for further information and assistance, you may contact Mr. F Hendricks at (021) 988 1138.
Finally, the closing date of these DSD Western Cape Government vacancies will be on 28 June 2021. It would be better to submit your application as soon as possible.