Department of Mineral Resources and Energy is currently offering some vacancies. These DMRE vacancies are available in the position of a security risk officer. Thus, when you enjoy looking closely and specifically the movements within buildings, checking things, and doing patrols, you might be a good fit for the security risk officer. Whether or not you are a good candidate for this position, it would be better for you to check this following information. You can read the complete details as follows.
Table of Contents
Position: Security Risk Officer
Recruiter: Department of Mineral Resources and Energy
Location: Eastern Cape: Mthatha Regional Office
Salary: R173 703 per annum (level 05)
Reference number: DMRE/ 2125
Furthermore, being a security risk officer also has a lot of responsibilities to handle from time to time which can be seen in the following.
- Overseeing the access control and monitoring movements within the building premises for identifying risks
- Overseeing the security patrols and escorting duties
- Managing the control room security equipment
- Responding to alarm activation
- Investigating the cause and giving feedback
- Overseeing the prohibition of unauthorized removal of equipment
- Documenting and storing from building and premises
- Overseeing the monitoring of movements of private and GG vehicles in the parking area
In addition, to be a suitable candidate, all applicants must have satisfied with these following requirements.
- Having Grade 12 Certificate and Grade C PSIRA Certificate is compulsory
- Having the minimum of two years of working experience in security operations and administration is obligatory
- The applicants must have the knowledge of security legislations, policies and procedures, access control procedures, and also safety precautions
- The applicants must comprehend the security registers
- Having the problem solving and communication skills is vital
- Being an innovative and pro-active candidate is a must
- Besides, the applicants must have analytical thinking ability as well
- People with disabilities and women are encouraged to apply
Besides, the applicants also have to complete these following compulsory documents, as follows.
- A newly updated Z83 form
- Certified copies of qualifications including Matric or Grade 12 Certificate
- An identity document
- A comprehensive CV with three contactable references
In addition, to apply for DMRE vacancies, you can forward your application by quoting the reference to The Director-General, Department of Mineral Resources and Energy, Private Bag X96, Pretoria, 0001. Alternatively, you can also hand deliver your application to Trevenna Campus, corner Meinthies and Francis Baard Street. Besides, you can send to Matimba House Building 192 Visagie Street Corner Paul Kruger & Visagie Street Pretoria.
Moreover, unless you heard anything from the company 3 months after the due date, you can assume that your application was not successful. The successful candidates have to go through some interview and also technical exercises. Furthermore, the recruiter is not going to tolerate any incomplete, invalid, and late applications for further considerations.
Further, for any enquiries you may have about the recruitment of DMRE vacancies, Mr. M Mashala is contactable at (012) 406 7595.
Finally, the closing date for DMRE vacancies will be on 21 June 2021.