Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Applications are now invited for the Driver vacancy at Department of Defence. The open position is available within DFSC at Wingfield Office, situated in Goodwood, Cape Town. If you are in possession of a valid driver’s license along with C1 and Public Driver’s Permit, then you are eligible for this job opportunity!
Interested candidates are required to quote the reference number of this post on their application form, DFSC/29/18. This position offers an attractive level four salary that amounts to R 136 800 annually. The Department of Defence only requires you to hold at least a Grade 10, N1, N2 or its equivalent NQFL 2 educational qualification in order to be eligible. Furthermore, it would certainly be an added advantage should you be in possession of a Military Driver’s license. The Driver vacancy at Department of Defence also requires all candidates to have at least two to three years of previous driving experience.
This vacant position requires you to have the following special requirements and skills:
- Good verbal and written communication ability
- Good interpersonal relations
- Good problem solving ability
- Analytical skills
- Good time management ability
Once you are qualified for the job, below are some of the duties you will be involved in:
- Perform an effective driving service to the DFSC, especially with regard to VIPs
- Make sure the vehicle security is intact and the vehicle is always properly maintained
- Conduct general administrative and/or messenger duties for the DFSC. This also includes dispatching documents along with any other items as necessary
How and When to Apply
Please direct your application for Driver vacancy at Department of Defence via post to: Defence Force Service Commission (DFSC), Private Bag X52, Pretoria, 0001
As an alternative, candidates are also allowed to forward it at: DFSC Offices, Leerdam Building, SAMHS Head Office, Kasteel Park, Corner Nossob and Jochemus street, Erasmuskloof.
A complete application is one that includes:
- Z83 application form which can be attained at any Public Service Departments. The form must be signed and dated originally.
- A comprehensive resume that must include full particulars of the qualifications, training, competencies, and knowledge you possess
- Original certified copies of a valid driver’s license, ID document, and qualifications
Individuals who are not employed by the Public Service or Department of Defence are welcome and encouraged to submit an application for this position.
It should be noted that applicants who are shortlisted will undergo a driving test and a competency evaluation. It is your responsibility as an applicant to submit the application timely no later than December 14, 2018.
Under no circumstances will faxed copies or Photostat copies of application materials will be regarded.
Any sort of correspondence regarding this vacancy will be limited to applicants who have been shortlisted only. If you do not receive any kind of communication from the Department of Defence in three months after the deadline, please take it to mean your application as unsuccessful.
In case you need further information, please refer to: Ms M.M. Tema, Tel No: (012) 367 9340