Individuals with a valid code 8 driver’s license are now welcome to apply for the Driver/Messenger vacancy at Department of Rural Development and Land Reform. The open position doesn’t require you to have more than one year experience. Please include the reference number of this post, 3/2/1/2018/564, within your application form if interested!
The successful incumbent will be stationed at the Office of the Value-General in Pretoria. This job offers a level four salary amounting to R 136 800 per annum. In order to be eligible for the position, candidates only need to hold a Grade 10 certificate or ABET qualification for the minimum academic qualification. This requirement must be accompanied by a valid code 8 driver’s license with 7 months relevant working experience. Furthermore, having knowledge of the city (ies) in which the function will be performed is an integral part of the job requirement for the Driver/Messenger vacancy at Department of Rural Development and Land Reform as well.
Skills and competencies:
- Well organised
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal relations
- Basic literacy
- Willing and prepared to work under pressure and in a team
- Drive medium and light vehicles to transport passengers and deliver other items, such as office equipment, documents and mails
- Control movement of, distribute and collect documents
- Conduct routine maintenance on the allocated vehicle and report defects timely
- Render daily trip and post trip vehicle inspection to make sure that the vehicle is in the best operating condition all the time
- Complete all the prescribed and required records and logbooks with regard to the goods and vehicle handled
- Maintain up to date and accurate schedule trip sheets, i.e. daily mileage, and log official trips
- Deliver and collect documentation and relevant items in the branch or departmental or any other component in the department related external parties
- Make sure secure and proper control is implemented over movement of documents
- Assist in Registry functions
- Fax and copy documents
- File incoming correspondence and help trace the file
All genders, races and people with disabilities are welcome and encouraged to apply for this vacant position.
Please forward your application for the Driver/Messenger vacancy at Department of Rural Development and Land Reform via post to: Office of the Valuer-General, Private Bag X812, Pretoria, 0001.
Please attach these documents on your application:
- Z83 application form
- Certified copy of qualifications, ID document, driver’s license and permanent residency/work permit (for non-RSA citizens)
Alternatively, you are also allowed to submit your application online here.
For attention: Office of the Valuer-General, 3rd floor Praetor Forum Building, 267 Lilian Ngoyi Street, Pretoria.
Submit no later than December 21, 2018 in order to be considered.
Candidates will be expected to be available for attending selection interviews as well as competency evaluations at a date, time and place determined by the Department of Rural Development and Land Reform. The hiring department also reserves the right to render pre-employment security screening. Appointment is subject to positive security clearance results.