The Department of Justice has opened four new vacancies for Maintenance Officer. Do you have a good administrative skill, as well as knowledge about the maintenance system and family law matters? If you wish to work in court, this is a perfect opportunity for you!
Please keep reading to find more information!
Job Title: DOJ Vacancies: Maintenance Officer 4 Posts
Position: Maintenance Officer MR1 – MR5
Recruiter: Department of Justice
Salary: R 198 411 – R 480 921 per annum (Salary will be in accordance with OSD determination)
There are four different location available, please note that each location has a different reference number.
REF NO: 145/21EC – Centre Magistrate, Cradock (Will also be responsible to work at other offices such as Middleburg, Somerset East, Pearston, Bedford, and Adelaide)
REF NO: 146/21EC – Centre Magistrate, Humansdorp (Will also be responsible to work at other offices such as Hankey and Joubertina)
REF NO: 147/21EC – Centre Magistrate, Lady Frere (Will also be responsible to work at other offices such as Cala, Cofimvaba, Dordrecht, Indwe)
REF NO: 148/21EC- Centre Magistrate, Mdantsane (Re-advertisement)
As a Maintenance Officer, you will have several duties and responsibilities in court:
- You will be performing the powers, duties, or function of a Maintenance Officer in terms of the Maintenance Act
- You will need to obtain financial information for the purpose of maintenance enquiries
- You will guide Maintenance Investigators as they perform their duties and functions
- You need to appear in the Maintenance Court and conduct proceedings in terms of the Maintenance Act
- You will implement Bench orders
- You need to compile statistic
- Finally, you will need to perform various administrative functions as required from time to time
Eligibility and Requirements
If you are interested to apply for the Maintenance Officer vacancy from the Department of Justice, you will need to fulfill the requirements listed below:
- You must have an LLB Degree or a four year recognized legal qualification
- You must have a Valid Driver’s License
Furthermore, you need to master several skills in order to excel as a Maintenance Officer and increase your chance to be a successful applicant:
- Computer Literacy (Able to work with MS Office)
- Numeracy Skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal communication.
- You must have extensive knowledge of the maintenance system
- You must have knowledge of the family law matters
The successful candidate will be required to sign a performance agreement.
Do you have the right qualification and skills for this Maintenance Officer vacancy? Do not hesitate to apply, you will need to prepare the following documents:
- Form Z83 (Public Service Application form), obtainable from this link OR any Public Service Department, must be completed in full.
- A recently updated and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Certified copies of your qualifications
- Valid Driver’s licence.
Please quote the correct reference number for your selected position, and direct your application to the following address:
The Regional Head, Private Bag X9065, East London, 5200
If you wish to apply for more than one position, you need a separate application for each reference number.
If you have enquiries or need more information regarding the Maintenance Officer vacancy or the application process, you can reach the Department of Justice through the following channels:
Contact person: Mrs. De Kock (043) 702 7000 / 7130
Finally, the application for the Maintenance Officer vacancy from the Department of Justice will end on 29 Nov 2021. Please make sure to send or deliver your application before then.
We wish you luck with your application!