The Department of Correctional Services has an opportunity for a qualified Social Auxiliary Worker. You will provide assistance and support the work of Social Worker in order to promote social change between victims and offenders. If you are looking for social work vacancies, this opportunity is suitable for you!
This position is based on Pretoria. Please keep reading to find more information.
Position: Social Auxiliary Worker Grade 1
Recruiter: Department of Correctional Services
Location: National Head Office: Office of the CDC: Community Corrections
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Salary: R 148 215 per annum (Plus 37% in lieu of benefits)
Reference Number: HO 2021/10/04
As a Social Auxiliary Worker, you will work closely with both victims and offender, as well as the family or community leaders. You will conduct a Victim Offender Dialogue Programme and handle all the necessary preparation and reports. The complete list of duties as Social Auxiliary Worker can be found below:
- Keep track of the Victim Offender Dialogue Programme and the objectives and targets as determined in the Strategic Plan and Operational Plan.
- Locating victims.
- Keeping records on all attempts to locate victims.
- Giving orientation for victims to inform about the goal and benefits of the Victim Offender Dialogue Programme.
- Facilitating contact or meeting between the offender and the victim.
- Assessing potential areas of conflict.
- Referring areas that are identified to be conflict prone to the Departmental social worker for further intervention.
- Provision of particulars of victims to Case Management Committee and Parole Boards.
- Establish database of available support structures in the community (NGO’s, religious care organizations, etc).
- Orientation of NGO’s community leaders and other stakeholders with regard to the aims and benefits of the Victim Offender Dialogue Programme.
- Orientate NGO’s, community leaders and families of both the offender as well as the victim (s) regarding the benefits of the acceptance and reintegration of offenders into the communities.
- Handling monthly returns to Head Office with regard to performance on targets as contained in the Strategic Plan.
- Provision of needs to Head Community Corrections with regard to communication and travel.
Eligibility and Requirements
If you are interested to apply for the Social Auxiliary Worker vacancy, you will need to fulfill the requirements listed below:
- You must be registered with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP) as a Social Auxiliary Worker
- You must have adequate skill to work with computers
- You must possess a valid driver’s licence.
Are you the right person for this Social Auxiliary Worker vacancy? Do not hesitate to apply, you will need to prepare the following documents:
- Form Z83 (Public Service Application form), obtainable from any Public Service Department, and must be completed in full.
- A recently updated and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Certified/uncertified copies of your qualifications
- Identification documents
- Valid Driver’s licence.
You must send your application and relevant documents through post. Application through email or fax will NOT be accepted. Please find the address below:
NATIONAL HEAD OFFICE: Department of Correctional Services, Post Advertisement Section, Private Bag X136, Pretoria, 0001
OR hand deliver at:
124 WF Nkomo Street, Poyntons Building, Cnr WF Nkomo and Sophie De Bruyn Street, Pretoria, 0001 (Previous: Cnr Church and Schubart Street).
People from any race, people with disabilities, women, and youth are encouraged to apply as part of the Employment Equity Act.
If you have enquiries or need more information regarding the Social Auxiliary Worker vacancy or the application process, you can reach the Department of Correctional Services through:
Mr Mokotjo TN (012 307 2173)
Mr Y Naidoo (012 307 2079)
Ms TP Baloyi (012 305 8589)
Ms Khumalo NS (012 307 2173)
Finally, the application for Social Auxiliary Worker vacancy will end on 22 NOVEMBER 2021 @ 15h45. Please make sure to send or deliver your application before then.
Due to limited time and resources, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive a notification three (3) months after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
We wish you luck with your application!