Are you looking for a journalistic vacancy? If you graduate from broadcasting or media-related majors and still searching for jobs, we have an amazing opportunity for you! Currently, eNCA has a learnership opportunity as a Trainee Producer. You will have a chance to learn and earn experience by working on real projects under the Executive Director. If you are passionate about creating stories and creative visual media, you may be the perfect candidate for this position.
This position is based in Johannesburg. Please keep reading to find more information!
Position: Trainee Producer
Type: Fixed Term Contract
Duration: 12 months
Salary: Market Related
Location: Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reference Number: eNCA157
As a Trainee Producer, you will report directly to the Executive Producer. You will have the opportunity to learn by working on projects directly. Here are some of the duties and responsibilities of a Trainee Producer:
- You will learn to find unique stories and establish contacts for the source
- You will learn to develop stories and ideas into a visual form
- You will learn about proper research and information gathering before interviews
- You will learn to formulate questions that will help to support your stories
- You will learn to write scripts that can have great visual representation as filmed by the cameraman
- You will learn to frame powerful shots, sequences, and soundbites in your interviews and stories
- You will learn how to produce great original inserts
- You must be willing to perform any duty related to the show production
- You will help with transcribing
- Lastly, you will learn to provide direction in the editing and shooting process
Your performance as the Trainee Producer will be measured by several factors, including:
- Following guidelines on producing daily content for TV, online, or social media
- Providing strong and detailed quality content that follows journalistic ethics and editorial standards
- Following the company policy and editorial guidelines
- Having versatility and knowledge in a wide range of subjects
- Ability to do a thorough research
Eligibility and Requirements
If you are interested to apply for the Trainee Producer vacancy for eNCA, you will need to fulfill the requirements listed below:
- Relevant Degree/Diploma in Journalism/Media Studies
- Mastering Business English
- You must have 1-year of practical journalism experience working in mainstream media or at a campus print publication, radio, or TV channel.
Furthermore, you need to master various skills in order to qualify as a Trainee Producer and increase your chance to be a successful applicant:
- Thorough understanding of South African and global news and current affairs
- Good understanding of on-line
- Ability to report for TV
- Strong writing skills
- Planning skills
- Organizing skills
- Decision-making skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication skills
- Coping under pressure
- Conflict handling skills
- Problem-Solving Skills
Are you the right person for this Trainee Producer learnership vacancy? Do not hesitate to apply, you will need to prepare the following documents:
- A recently updated and comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Copies of your qualifications
- Identification documents
Please apply through the eNCA website by following this link .
If you have enquiries or require more information regarding eNCA or the Trainee Producer vacancy, you can visit their website through this link.
Finally, the application for the Trainee Producer vacancy will end on November 17, 2021. Please make sure to send or deliver your application before then.
We wish you luck with your application!