Discovery learnership program provides a learning opportunity for unemployed youth in South Africa. They are offering a chance for the youth to learn in well-maintained surroundings as well as having a direct practical implementation. This is a rare chance that should be taken by those who want to improve their living standard and have a better future. Through the program, the candidates are expected to improve their skills and qualifications – which can also affect their future.
Table of Contents
About the Program
When we are talking about Discovery Limited, we are talking about a professional financial service group with Sandton as the head office. They are offering Discovery learnership program consisting of direct practical experience and structured theoretical sessions. By the time candidates complete the program, they will get SAQA accredited qualification that can improve their skills and ability.
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa whose age is between 18 and 30 years old. They need to show their ID document as a proof too
- They have completed Matric and have the certificate
- They must pass Mathematics (in Matric) with minimum level 4 or D symbol
- They must pass English with minimum level 5 or C symbol
- They must pass second language with minimum level 4 or D symbol
- They must pass two languages (at least) in Matric with minimum level 4 or D symbol
- They must be currently unemployed
- They must not study currently or plan to study during the learnership period
- They must not complete any previous learnership
- They must have impressive interpersonal skills and be interested in general customer service
- They must have good English communication skills as well as basic computer literacy
- They must be self-motivated and be willing to work hard
How to Apply
The application is taking place online so you need to create an account first to apply. Go to this link and make an account. No need to worry; this is the official career website of Discovery so it safe and secure. Once you have made an account, you can log in and then go further with the application.
Go to this link. You should be able to see the category ‘Type of position’ and type in ‘learnership’. You will be given a list of available programs and position. Read them all and find the one suitable to your needs. Once you have found the right one (suitable for the position, placement, or requirements), then click on the button ‘Apply’ located on the bottom.
Be advised to keep these documents in the softcopy form because you may be required to upload them:
- A CV
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- A certified copy of South Africa ID document
The program generally runs on a yearly basis although the opening and closing date is unclear. You need to have a regular check to the official site or contact the company at the provided following email.