As the second largest leading pharmacy groups in South Africa, Dischem has had its link to dispensaries, clinics, and also non-pharmaceutical companies. It has been working since 1978 which makes them become well-known. They have made it easy to get the best treatment, care, and also medication. Currently, they are offering Dischem vacancies to ask youths to join them.
There will be some principles of pharmaceutical environment and dispensary to understand in order to fulfill the quality standard. Therefore, these learners will be able to sharpen and broaden their knowledge related to basic pharmacist.
Dischem vacancies provides the chances and challenges for those who wish to be a learner basic pharmacist. This can support and improve your qualifications to be a reliable and qualified pharmacist in the future.
Table of Contents
Position: Post Basic Qualified Pharmacist Assistant
Recruiter: Dis-Chem Pharmacies Limited
Location: Alberton, Bloemfontein, Cape Town, Centurion, Emalahleni, George, Johannesburg, Kempton Park, Midrand, Potchefstroom, Pretoria, Randburg, Roodepoort, Sandton, Soshanguve, and Westville.
Salary: Market related
Before declaring themselves as pharmacy assistant, they need to pass a proficiency test whether they have completed the test. Having finished this test, the learners will be able to apply the registration with the standard of Pharmacy Council as basic assistant. They will have some duties to perform under the pharmacist supervision as mentioned below.
- Assisting the stock control including the packing, cleanliness management, and also medicine expiry dates;
- Supporting the compounding and also preparing the medicines which are non-sterile based on the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) under the supervision of an appointed pharmacist;
- Following the patients up with the tracking reports;
- Making sure that the medication has been picked, packed, labeled, and also checked;
- Helping the stock merchandising and also dispensary cleaning;
- Providing the information related to the individuals’ health;
- Receiving the dispensary stocks under the SOP provided by the company;
- Helping the call center related to telephone calls and also patients health;
- Assisting the scheme authorization about HIV, AIDS, and other chronic medication; and
- Reporting on the low or out of stock levels to the dispensary manager
There are some benefits that the applicants will get when they get the job. Here are some benefits to gain, as follows.
- First, they will get the salary based on the market. The more crowded the market, the more salary they will earn;
- The employees will be protected by the medical aids provided by the company;
- The employees will also get their provident fund from the company;
- For each employee, they will have staff account as their personal benefit.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Applicants must have completed Grade 12 or Matric;
- Applicants have a basic Pharmacist Assistance qualification;
- Registered with the South African Pharmacy Council (SAPC);
- They must have the computer literacy (MS Office) and numerical skills.
- They are able to communicate in English both verbally and literally;
- Applicants are willing too work in retail hours .
As the application can be done online, the applicants can apply from the official websites and attach all the documents needed.
Application links for each location:
- Cape Town;
- Kempton Park;
- Soshanguve; and
The latest submission of the Post Basic Qualified Pharmacist Assistant application will be in February 2021 (various dates). Please make sure that you have prepared all the documents needed.