The Department of Higher Education and Training has served countless number of people in South Africa. They have committed to facilitate and support the youth in having the equal education and training which will be useful for them in the future. As a part of their commitment, they offer some security job vacancies to help them in having a decent job and earning monthly income.
These security job vacancies are available to apply especially for those South African youths who are struggling to find one. It can be a good way to sharpen your skills and knowledge, add more experience, and also earn a lot of money. The Department of Higher Education and Training will ensure that South African youths will be able to enhance their skills and also capabilities.
Therefore, if you think that working as a security officer fits into your interest and personality, this following information should not be missed. Before applying for this job, the applicants must make sure that all of the requirements have been fulfilled.
Position: Security Officer
Recruiter: Department of Higher Education and Training
Location: Phindangene CLC (Lamontville, Durban)
Reference number: KZNCET/04/2020
Salary: R122 595 per annum (level 03)
- Protecting the personnel information and also property
- Accessing control includes the crowd control
- Updating the security registers
- Conducting inspections of all the security buildings
- Monitoring all the contractors
- Inspecting the Security Service provider registers
- Attending security and everything related to complaints
- Conducting access control
- Printing the time sheet when necessary
- Reporting all incidents to the supervisor
- Taking part in disaster management
- Safeguarding building keys
If you wish to work as security officer, there are some requirements to fulfill to be able to proceed your applications.
- Grade 10/ ABET or equivalent qualifications
- The applicants must have a security certificate in Grade C with PSIRA
- Having the minimum one to two years of working experience as the security officer
- Outstanding communication skills in both written and verbal
- Good interpersonal skills is compulsory
- The applicants must be willing to work in shifts, weekends, public holidays, and irregular hours
- Being physically fit
- The applicants must have no criminal records
In applying for these security job vacancies, it is compulsory to complete all of these following documents during the submission.
- A copy of Identity Document
- A complete Z83 form which is obtainable from all the Government Departments
- Certified copies of qualifications
- A driver’s license
- A comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV)
In submitting, do not forget to write the reference number and the post that you are applying for. It is an obligatory that the qualifications have been verified by the SAQA and DHET. As there will be countless applicants, the recruiter will shortlist the candidates.
For the complete information and further details, you can contact Mr. N. Dlamini at (031) 350 4377 or (031) 350 4367. It would be preferable to contact during the working hours.
If you want to participate in security job vacancies, you should submit your applications before 11 December 2020 at 16.00. Late submission will receive zero tolerance and your application will be unsuccessful.