Those who are interested in procurement process and bidding industry can always take part in Department of Treasury Chief Supply Chain Management Clerk position that will be responsible for procurement and also contract management. With reference number of WCG191204-7 and tracking number of PT 2019-51, this position will be available in Cape Town in Western Cape.
About the Position
The Department of Treasury Chief Supply Chain Management Clerk position is a permanent job type that is located in Cape Town, Western Cape in South Africa. The person will work in Provincial Treasury Department and receive salary level 7 that can reach up to R257 508 per year. They can also enjoy CTE (Cost to Employer) remuneration packages, MMS (the Middle Management Service), and OSD (Occupation Specific Dispensations).
Western Cape Provincial Treasury Government has opened a vacancy for the perfect potential and qualified individual to help them with the daily operation of the department. The person will be responsible for executing the bid functions and procurement of the department.
There are several basic and general requirements, as well as specific requirements for candidates who are interested in the position. The requirements are:
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must have completed Grade 12
- They must have Senior or Matric certificate (which is Grade 12 or the equivalent) with passed subject in Mathematics and Accounting
- An experience, at least for 3 years, in Supply Chain Management would be preferred
- Extra knowledge and experience in IPS (Integrated Procurement Solution), LOGIS (Logistical Information System), and AOS (Accounting Office System) will be a plus
The Tasks and Responsibilities
The candidate would be responsible for these jobs:
- Bid management support which means to cover bid evaluation and invitation
- Manage accurate filing of the bid documentation for the purpose of recording
- Supervise and also render acquisition service support
- Manage supervisory function
- Handle secretariat function for the committee
Candidates are expected to have these extra competencies:
- They have good coverage in computer literacy
- They master verbal and also written communication
- They have the knowledge in National Treasury regulations, policies in Supply Chain Management, Provincial Treasury Instructions, and PFMA or Public Finance Management Act
How to Apply
Interested candidates should know that only online application will be accepted. They need to visit this site so they can create an account and they can complete the application form. In general, the application form needs to be accompanied by the supporting documents, such as (these are the general documentation but not limited to these types alone):
- A certified copy of ID document of South Africa
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications
- A comprehensive and updated CV
Be advised that all candidates should be ready for extra documentations, if any.
The deadline is on January the 20th 2020. Be sure that candidates aren’t late in submitting their application. Further questions about this Department of Treasury Chief Supply Chain Management Clerk position should be asked to Ms T Ndlazi at 483 8915.