Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
The National Department of Environmental Forestry and Fisheries is offering a vacant position for Control Environment Officer Grade A that will focus on Climate Change Mitigation Research and Analysis project. Be advised that this position is a challenging one although it is quite rewarding and the chosen candidate will be able to contribute to environment’s preservation.
About the Position
The Control Environment Officer Grade A position is full time and permanent and the chosen candidates would be located in Pretoria. They would be offered a salary that reaches R495 219 an annum.
To qualify for this Control Environment Officer Grade A position, candidates must meet these requirements:
- They must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must not have any criminal record or any pending charge
- They must have a Bachelor Degree (4 year tertiary study) in Natural Science, or Chemical Engineering, or Environmental Engineering or the equivalent qualification. They must also have 6 years of post relevant qualification experience
- They must have the experience in AFOLU modeling and planning
- They must have the knowledge of climate change as well as other environmental problems that may affect AFOLUE sector, especially the ones in carbon stocks or sinks and fluxes
- They must understand and have the knowledge in South Africa’s forestry, agriculture, and other land use
- They must be able to apply and develop policies
- They must have research skills and have a good stakeholder engagement ability
- They must be able to work under pressure – even the extreme one
Responsibilities and Duties
- To coordinate and facilitate data collections to assist with the development scenarios and models to inform climate change mitigation (and the responses) within AFOLU sector.
- To contribute to the research questions formulation and study assumptions development on AFOLU analysis and modeling that goes in line with sector strategic policy direction as well as maintaining the inventory of mitigation measures based on AFOLU
- To develop the associated mitigation attributes within a periodic basis
- To facilitate the implementation and development of analytical tools, like models, to be used for GHG mitigation analysis, including the carbon sinks enhancement within AFOLU sector
- To provide support to climate change AFOLU’s development mitigation policy.
How to Apply
Interested candidates will be required to complete and sign Z83 application form. They can download the form at this link. They also need to include the important supporting documents that cover a driver license, a certified copy of South African ID document, certified copies of qualifications, and an updated CV. The copies must not be older than 3 months.
Candidates have two options of submitting their application. First, they can submit their application to Department of Environment Forestry and Fisheries, Director-General, Private Bag X447, Pretoria 0001. Second, they can hand deliver it to Environment House at 473 Steve Biko Road, Arcadia, Pretoria. Be advised that any emailed or faxed submission will not be considered. Late submission will automatically be disqualified too.
The deadline is on March the 16th 2020. Candidates who have further questions or want to learn more about this Control Environment Officer Grade A position can contact Ms O Chauke at (012) 399 9161.