Individuals who happen to be in possession of apprenticeship in sheet-fed machine minding qualification are encouraged to apply for the Chief Artisan vacancy at Government Printing Works. This job opening for Chief Artisan is for Grade A (Lithography Press Captain). If you are interested, apply today!
The centre of this job opening is in Pretoria. The qualified incumbent will receive a salary that amounts to R 365 646 every year. In order to be qualified for the Chief Artisan vacancy at Government Printing Works, you must be in possession of at least a Grade 10 certificate or its equivalent qualification accompanied by a completed apprenticeship in sheet fed machine minding. Furthermore, it is also compulsory that candidates possess at least 10 year of post-apprenticeship experience in the field of printing equipment operation, of which 5 year of those must have involved multi-colour computerised sheet fed machines operation as well as two or three years of proven supervisory experience. However, should you be in possession of Grade 12 certificate then it would certainly be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
A qualified candidate is one who has the following attributes:
- Computer literacy
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work shifts
- Problem solving skills
Key Performance Areas
Once you are qualified for the job, below are some of the duties you can expect to be involved in
- Making sure the printing equipment is all utilised efficiently and effectively
- Taking care of and managing lithography or sheet fed printing unit
- Achieving and meeting the applicable standard production targets
- Keep track of high quality product controls produced
- Prepare monthly, weekly or daily production reports
- Monitor and oversee the training programs in the division
- Make sure the Safety and Occupational Health regulations as well as policies are properly adhered to
- Be responsible for conducting performance appraisal of personnel
Please forward your application via post to: The Branch: Human Resources, Government Printing Works, 149 Bosman Street, Pretoria or Private Bag X85, Pretoria 0001
The closing date for the Chief Artisan vacancy at Government Printing Works is on September 17, 2018. Your application must be submitted on a Z83 application form which can be accessible from any Public Service Department. The form must be duly signed and completed in full. Furthermore, the reference number of this advert (GPW18/59) must also be indicated.
The application form must be accompanied by:
- A CV detailing your experience and qualifications with respective dates
- Certified copies of ID document and qualifications
The hiring department reserves the right to either fill or not fill the post. If you are shortlisted, then be prepared to be subjected to an interview at a time and date determined by the department. Applications received after the deadline will be disregarded. This also applies to applications that do not comply with the stated requirements. Applicants from underrepresented designated groups will be given preference as a way for the Government Printing Works to meet with its employment equity targets and goals.
Should you need any further information, please contact: Mr T Khumalo, Tel No: (012) 748 –6329