Whereas most people are familiar with FNB learnership, you can also take part in Bidvest learnership if you are interested in the banking sector. The learnership program will provide you with a thorough and overall educational process and insight as well as a direct practical implementation at the same time. If you truly are passionate about banking industry (and you want to have a good career in the future), then taking part in this program would be worth it.
Table of Contents
About the Company and the Program
Bidvest Bank is a subsidiary of BVGL or The Bidvest Group Limited, which is a commercial bank in South Africa. The bank is offering services in vehicle financing, foreign exchange, insurance, and retail banking.
As one of the major banking companies in South Africa, they want to give back to the community. They want to provide an opportunity for students or unemployed youth to get the knowledge and the practical experience in the banking sector so you can pursue a future career in it. The Bidvest learnership program itself lasts for around 1 year (12 months) and candidates are expected to take part in the training programs at any branch or department of Bidvest Bank. After completing the program, the candidates are expected to gain the knowledge, experience, and expertise to work in the banking sector.
- The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa
- They must have completed Matric and have the certificate
- They must have passed English within Matric
- They must have passed Mathematics or Accounting within Matric
- They must be computer literate
- They must have the passion in the banking industry and be determined to complete the program as best as possible
- They must be able to manage a flexible work – they can work in a team or alone
- They must have a good communication skill
- They must have impressive interpersonal skills
How to Apply
It is advisable that you are doing the online application. You can visit the official website at https://www.bidvestbank.co.za/careers.aspx. When you go to the section, you will be presented with job listings which you need to browse on your own. Make sure to read the vacancy and the requirements before applying. When you click the button ‘Apply’, you will be taken to another page where you need to provide your personal information, such as the passport number, residence permit number, date of birth, ID number, and full name. You will be asked to provide information related to contact details, such as physical address, email address, and contact number. It is possible that you are also asked other questions.
Be sure to prepare the supporting documents because you may be required to upload them. The supporting documents may cover:
- A complete and comprehensive CV
- A certified copy of ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications
In the event that you want to get a further explanation about Bidvest learnership program or you may have a further questions about the program, you can always reach out to them at Bidvest Bank Corporate Head Office in Johannesburg at 011407 3000.