Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Anyone in possession of a senior certificate with maths or math literacy as passed subject are now welcomed to apply for the Assistant Technical Officer vacancy at the Department of Water and Sanitation. People with disabilities and individuals who are not employed by the Public Service Department are also eligible to apply.
A Brief Job Overview
The qualified incumbent will be working at the Operational Integration of the hiring department in Western Cape for the Abstraction and Allocation division whose centre is situated in Clanwilliam. This job offers a level 5 salary that has a total value of R 163,563 annually.
A senior certificate is needed as a minimum requirement with mathematics or mathematic literacy as passed subject. Additionally, a successful incumbent of the Assistant Technical Officer vacancy at the Department of Water and Sanitation must have the following attributes and competencies:
- Computer literacy
- Basic knowledge in managing the water quality monitoring equipment
- Good communication skills
- A valid driver’s license. Certified copy must be included within the application
- Good organising and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to acquire new skills and travel extensively
Key Performance Areas
Once you are qualified for the position, below are some of the duties you can expect to perform in.
- Maintain and manage the water quality monitoring equipment
- Calibrate the measuring equipment for the onsite monitoring tasks
- Create available materials or information for the calibration of the measuring equipment
- Execute and develop the water quality sampling program
- Collect water quality samples in line with the set standards and dispatch them to the laboratory to be analysed
- Capture the water quality analysis results into the Departmental Water Management system
- Maintain and collect water quality related data
- Maintain the WMS including amendment of the water quality sampling points and generate water quality related information for surface water
- Make available data relevant to water quality to the relevant managers
- Lobby with the laboratory as well as other external or internal stakeholders in relation to the analysis issues and water quality sampling
Applications for the Assistant Technical Officer vacancy at the Department of Water and Sanitation must be submitted to the Regional Head via post to: Western Cape, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X16, Sanlamhof, 7532
Alternatively, hand delivered applications are also allowed be directed to: Sigma Building, 3 Blanckenberg Road, and Bellville
Please include the following compulsory documentations within your application:
- Z83 application form mentioning the relevant reference number (070918/17). Sign the form as well.
- A detailed and recently updated CV
- Certified copies of ID document and qualifications
- SAQA evaluated results of foreign qualifications (if any)
The closing date for this vacancy is on September 7, 2018 and no late, incomplete, faxed or emailed applications will be taken into account. That means, if you haven’t received any feedback within 2 months after the deadline, consider your application to be unsuccessful. The Department of Water and Sanitation holds the right not to make an appointment.
For enquiries, please contact: Ms. L. Mgxwati, Tel No: 021 941 6352