Department of Water and Sanitation is now accepting applications for the Assistant Technical Officer vacancy at Boskop Dam. This job is available at their Hydrometry Office. Individuals with at least a Grade 12 certificate is automatically eligible for the position. If this job offer is right up your alley then submit your application today!
The successful incumbent will be stationed at the Boskop Dam in their Hydrometry office in North West. This job offers an attractive level 5 salary which amounts to 163 563 per annum. It’s been mentioned above that the Assistant Technical Officer vacancy at Boskop Dam requires at least senior certificate or grade 12 qualification. This certificate should be inclusive of mathematics literacy or simply mathematics. Prior experience is not compulsory. However, it would certainly be an added advantage if you have one or two years relevant working experience in the past. Furthermore, this position requires you to have a valid driver’s license in which its certified copy must be attached within your application. Considerable travelling is also required. Candidates are expected to have good written and verbal communication skills, computer literacy skills as well as basic understanding and knowledge of Occupational Health and Safety.
Once you are qualified for the job, below are some of the duties that you will be involved in although KPA of an Assistant Technical Officer is not merely limited to this list.
- Be responsible for collection of hydrological data from a wide variety of hydrological monitoring sites in the area of responsibility
- Capturing and registering incoming hydrological data
- Render routine inspections and maintenance at hydrological gauging sites
- Be responsible for collection of water samples
- Help with the installation of monitoring instruments
- Provide help to other technical personnel
How to Apply
Should you intend to submit your application for this position, please make sure you send it no later than August 3rd 2018 at 16:00 otherwise your application will not be taken into consideration. This applies to faxed as well as emailed applications too. Please make sure you attach the following supporting documents within your application.
- Z 83 application form which you can get from any Public Service Department. Please don’t forget to also indicate the reference number of this advert within this form which is 030818/06.
- A recently updated and comprehensive CV
- Certified copies of ID documents and qualifications as well as a valid driver’s license
- If you happen to have any foreign qualifications, please attach the results that have been evaluated by SAQA
Correspondence for this vacancy will be limited to shortlisted applicants only. If you haven’t heard from the hiring department within two months after the due date, please consider your application to be unsuccessful. Preference for this position will be given to previously disadvantaged groups.
Should you have any further questions regarding the Assistant Technical Officer vacancy at Boskop Dam, please contact Mr. E Meyer, Tel No: 018 – 298 9000
Please note that the interviews will consist of retrieving data from Electronic data loggers as well as a practical test on mechanical recorders. People with disabilities are encouraged to submit their applications.