The Department of Health is now looking for a suitable candidate to fill in the Artisan Foreman (Grade A) vacancy. The successful incumbent will be stationed at Universitas Hospital in Bloemfontein. Please quote the reference number of this post, H/A/6, within your application form should you be interested in applying for the Artisan Foreman: Grade A vacancy at Universitas Hospital.
The qualified applicant will receive salary amounting to R 286 500 per year (OSD). In order to be eligible for the position, all interested candidates must be in possession of one of the following qualifications:
- A relevant Trade Test certificate (a complete apprenticeship as well as evidence of passing official trade test under the provision of section 13 (2) (h) of the Manpower Training Act, 1981).
- A certificate issued under the provisions of section 30 and 28 of the Manpower Training Act, 1981 as amended.
- A certificate issued under the provisions of the repealed section 27 of the Act referred to.
Additionally, candidates are required to have at least five years of post-qualification experience as an Artisan. The Artisan Foreman: Grade A vacancy at Universitas Hospital also requires candidates to have a valid driver’s license, an N3 certificate and a Grade 12 qualification.
- Computer literacy
- Knowledge of and skills in project management
- Ability and willingness to render standby duties and after hours if required
- Manage all aspects of technical services, production, technical design, maintenance and operation activities in the field, technical offices and workshops
- Plan work to be rendered
- Execute inspections of equipment or buildings according to plan
- Ensure that work is executed according to set policies and standards
- Supervise, attend and monitor job requests in respect of maintenance and physical repair, including maintenance and preventative of operational and medical equipment as well as the complete of job requests
- Manage administrative and any other related functions
- Attain quotations in respect of materials and stock
- Complete PA1 Logis forms for request of equipment, materials and tools
- Implement equipment maintenance program
- Manage finance
- Render people management duties
- Advance and maintain expertise
- Mentor and supervise subordinates
Please apply before February 25, 2019 in order to be considered. Your application must be forwarded via post to: The Chief Executive Officer, Universitas Hospital, Private Bag X20660, Bloemfontein, 9301
Or, direct it by hand delivery at: Room 1103, HR Office, First Floor Universitas Hospital, Bloemfontein.
For attention: Me Finger or Me Steenkamp
Your application must include:
- Z83 application form
- A CV
- Original certified copies of qualifications, ID, and a valid driver’s license
- A copy of permanent residence permit for non-RSA citizens
- A SAQA evaluation result of foreign qualifications if any
The employing department does not accept submissions via email or fax. If you have yet to receive any correspondence from the hiring institution within eight weeks after the deadline has passed, you may assume your application as unsuccessful.
In case you need more information regarding the Artisan Foreman: Grade A vacancy at Universitas Hospital, please refer to: Mr H Hayward, Tel No: (051) 405 3715.