Do you wish to pursue your tertiary qualifications but financial obligations get in the way of your dreams? Then you might want to consider applying for the CHIETA Bursary Program 2019. This call aims to help deserving students who otherwise couldn’t fund their studies without the bursary. Scroll through to see if you meet the requirements.
Table of Contents
CHIETA stands for Chemical Industries Education & Training Authority. It was formed by the Skills Development Act back in 1998 and started operating in 2000. It was established as a way to help with skills development in the chemical industries sector along with guaranteeing that required skills are both identified and addressed by SETA initiatives as well as the sector.
The statutory body has the vision of providing training and education to the chemical industries sector which is in accordance with global standards.
This year, applications are invited for the CHIETA Bursary Program 2019. This program targets at outstanding students who are pursuing their studies in the following subsectors:
- Base chemicals
- Specialty chemicals
- Surface coatings
- Glass and fast moving consumer goods
The following study programs will receive preference:
- Operations management
- Polymer technology
- Biomedical technology
- Analytical chemistry
- Bachelor of science
- Environmental science
- Mechanical engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Industrial engineering
- Electrical engineering
The award will cover the cost of tuition fees up to R 76 000 annually for undergraduates and R 80 000 for postgraduate students. Any balance of funds not spent for tuition purposes can be used to cover the cost of prescribed books as well as other study relevant fees up to the maximum amount.
All shortlisted applicants will be notified. If you haven’t yet received any feedback by March 31, 2019, please take it to mean your application as unsuccessful.
To ensure your application will be regarded, you must fulfil all the minimum entry requirements stated below.
- You must be a South African citizen between the age of 16 and 35 years old
- You must have completed matric
- You must be studying full time in one of the fields of study mentioned above at a recognised as well as accredited public tertiary institution in South Africa
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the CHIETA Bursary Program 2019, please commence your application by downloading and completing the application form.
Your completed application form must be submitted along with the following supporting documents:
- Certified copies of ID document, matric final results, parents/guardians ID documents and latest tertiary statement of results (if already at tertiary level)
- Proof of tertiary registration
- A motivation letter justifying the reason why you deserve this award and the reason you are applying
- Proof of income of parents/guardians such as certified copy of salary slip, pension slip, or sworn affidavit
Please forward your documents via email to [email protected] with the following subject line: CHIETA Bursary Application – your full name.
Applications will be accepted until February 28, 2019.
For more information regarding this program, please contact: Mahlatse Xinzi/ Princess Moumakoe
Tel: 011 628 7000
Email: [email protected]