Anglo American learnership program is designed for South African youth and unemployed students to take part in the training sessions that combine both theoretical foundation and practical skills. A learnership program will all the crucial qualifications needed by professionals. The program generally includes theoretical sessions followed by practical implementation. This will enrich the participants’ skills and abilities – which can be useful for them to gain better education and also better future.
About the Program
When we are talking about Anglo American, we are talking about an international mining corporation making use of the newest and most advanced technologies to find new resources, build the mines, mine them, process the raw material, transport them, and then sell their final products to the global customers. Not only the company mine diamonds, but they also mine and produce platinum, manganese, iron ore, nickel, copper, and coal.
As their way to give back to the society and community, the company creates the so called Anglo American learnership program that is made available for students wishing to qualify as professional:
· Instrumentation Mechanician
· Diesel Mechanic
In order to be qualified for this Anglo American learnership program, there are several general requirements that all candidates must meet, such as:
· The candidates must be the citizens of South Africa proven by a valid ID document
· They must have provincial K53 driver’s license
· They must have completed Matric or Grade 12 – and they must have the certificate
· They must pass Physical Science and Mathematics in Matric, OR
· They must complete Technical N2 qualifications within these subjects:
· For Fitter: Engineering Science, Mathematics, Engineering Drawing, Fitting and Machining Trade Theory
· For Diesel Mechanic: Engineering Science, Mathematics, Engineering Drawing, Diesel Trade Theory
· For Electrician: Engineering Science, Mathematics, Industrial Electronics, Electrical Theory
· For Plater: Engineering Science, Mathematics, Plating and Structural Drawing, Platers Theory
· For Instrumentation Mechanician: Engineering Science, Mathematics, Instrument Trade Theory, Industrial Electronics
How to Apply
Those who are interested in the program or in Anglo American careers can always have an online application. They need to go to this link and then type in the word ‘learnership’ in the search box. Once they do it, they will be presented with the open vacancies. Choose each of the criteria and requirements, and click the button ‘apply now’ on the one that they are interested in.
In most cases, candidates will have to provide information about themselves, including their email address. They also need to provide their contact info, employment history, study background, and qualification. Don’t forget to prepare the supporting documents that cover:
- A comprehensive and updated CV
- A certified copy of ID document
- A certified copy of Matric certificate
- Certified copies of qualifications or licenses or documents
- For Kumba employees, they need to include authorized form of K009
Further questions about the application and its process can be read at here.
Interested candidates who want to learn more about the program can contact them directly. Those who still have questions about the details of Anglo American learnership program can go to this link.