Students who plan to study or are currently studying towards a tertiary qualification in the Agricultural sector and lack of fund to fulfil financial obligations are welcome to submit their applications for the AgriSETA Bursary program for South Africans 2019. This award program was established to assist deserving students financially within the Agricultural industry. High achieving students with true potential are encouraged to apply!
Table of Contents
AgriSETA which is short for Agricultural Sector Education and Training Authority helps with creating opportunities within agri-enterprises through training, education and development. They are responsible for the development of agricultural workforce’s skills by facilitating skills programs such as learnerships, training and adult education, grants, bursaries and in-service training. This organisation is also responsible for accrediting training providers as well as supervising their training standards, making sure training and education provided are of high level of quality. The AgriSETA Bursary program for South Africans 2019 is aimed to provide financial assistance for students interested to pursue a tertiary qualification such as a national diploma, degree or certificate in the Agricultural industry. Every year, bursaries are granted to students during their university’s study in the Agricultural sector, specifically in the following subjects:
- Agricultural scientist
- Agricultural Farm Manager
Qualified students will be awarded with scholarships that is worth R 39 750 in value every year. Such amount is reserved for successful undergraduate candidates while postgraduate students will receive R 63 600 per annum. The bursaries should be used to cover tuition costs and textbooks.
To be eligible for this bursary, interested candidates must fulfil the following minimum requirements stated below. Failure to satisfy these criteria will result in your application being disregarded.
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have completed matric
- Must be studying as a part time or full time student towards one of the aforementioned qualification or any Agriculture related fields
- Must be studying at a University of Technology, College or University
- Must have excellent academic results
- Must wish to pursue a career in agriculture
- Must be in a financial need
- Must not be a current recipient of other funding from any Government source
- Students who are currently studying towards a qualification in the critical or scarce skills sector in the agricultural field will receive preference
To apply for the AgriSETA Bursary program for South Africans 2019, candidates must obtain the application form here
Along with the application form, it is mandatory that applicants submit the following required important materials. Any missing item will lead to the disqualification of your submission.
- Certified copy of ID document
- 2018 exam results
- Full academic record to date
- Latest statement of results of progress report
- Evidence of admission to study at a university or any tertiary institute
- Tax compliance status verification PIN and tax clearance certificate
Submission must be done via email to the following address:
Use this as your subject line: AgriSETA Bursary Application – your full name
The deadline of this call is October 31, 2018. No incomplete nor late submission will be taken into consideration.
Should you have any queries or encounter any difficulties during your application, please contact the bursary holder directly:
For attention: Mr Gerard Mamabolo
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 012 301 5607