Individuals who have a passion to work in a clerical environment are encouraged to apply for the Principal Provisioning Clerk vacancy at Department of Rural Development and Land Reform. The incumbent’s work space will revolve around the Supply Chain Management directorate. If this vacant position interests you, submit your application right now!
Please mention the reference number of this post within your application form, 3/2/1/2018/324. This job is stationed in Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu-Natal. The future incumbent will receive a level 7 salary that amounts to R 242 475 annually. The minimum requirement essential to be in possession of is a Grade 12 or Senior certificate or any of its equivalent qualification. This educational qualification should be accompanied by three to five years of prior working experience in the Supply Chain Management. The Principal Provisioning Clerk vacancy at Department of Rural Development and Land Reform requires all candidates to have sufficient knowledge of the following:
- Supply chain management practices and duties
- Understanding of the legislative framework ruling the Public Service
- Sound knowledge of work procedures related to the working environment
- Ability to capture data, collect statistics and operate a computer
- Organising and planning skills
- Computer literacy including the SCM system
- Interpersonal relations
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Good team work skills
- Ability to perform well under pressure
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Undertake and supervise logistical support services
- Place, check and verify orders for goods
- Be responsible for receiving and verifying goods from suppliers
- Capture and make sure that goods are captured in databases and registers
- Receive goods requests from end users
- Maintain and check goods registers
- Issues goods to end users
- Ensure and update the maintenance of the register of suppliers
- Be responsible for the supervision of human resources or staff
- Ensure and allocate quality of work
- Assess staff performance
- Personnel development
- Apply discipline
Interested candidates must forward their applications via post to: Private Bag X9132, Pietermaritzburg, 3200
Alternatively, applications can be hand delivered to: 270 Jabu Ndlovu Street, Pietermaritzburg, 3200.
Indian and White males and Coloured and White females and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the Principal Provisioning Clerk vacancy at Department of Rural Development and Land Reform.
Please submit your application before October 19, 2018 at 16:00 at the latest. Your application also should attach the following important documents:
- Z83 application form
- Recently certified copies of ID, educational and relevant qualifications (certification must be within in the last 12 months)
- A comprehensive CV detailing your previous experience
- A valid work permit for non-SA citizens or permanent residents
Failure in completing the aforementioned materials will result in your application being disregarded. No late application will be taken into consideration either.
Candidates must be available to attend selection interviews as well as competency assessments at a place, time and date as stipulated by the hiring department. The Department of Rural Development and Land Reform reserves the right to hold pre-employment security screening and appointment will be subject to positive clearance outcome.