Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Applications are now invited for the Administration Clerk vacancy at the Department of Agriculture. Anyone with at least a senior certificate and skills in clerical environment are encouraged to apply. Your application will be taken into account no later than August 6th.
The Administration Clerk vacancy at the Department of Agriculture will have the successful incumbent working in vet lab services environment which revolves around quality control. This position offers a level 5 salary which amounts to R 163 563 per annum. The Department of Agriculture falls within the Western Cape Government. In order to be eligible for the position, candidates must hold at least Grade 12 certificate. Should you have previous experience working on Laboratory Information Management or LIMS system it would be an added bonus. Labware LIMS; experience in sample reception in a laboratory environment would be a preference.
This job requires all applicants to have the following competencies and skills:
- Good verbal and written communication skills in two or three of the Western Cape official languages
- A good understanding of administration procedures
- Proven computer literacy like database, MS office, outlook and excel
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Ability to work accurately and independently
- Good interpersonal skills to work with both internal and external clients
Once you are qualified for the job, below are some of the duties you can expect to be involved in:
- Assist and receive clients at sample reception office
- Receive biological samples from clients like faeces, blood, or organs
- Capture samples registration information onto LIMS system
- Contact clients regarding the obtaining of missing information on submission forms
- Provide help with creating new client records on the LIMS system
- Manage courier services for referral of samples to different laborations
- Distribute samples to relevant laboratory sections
- Provide help with the updating of client information on the LIMS system
How to Apply
The mode of application for this position is online. As a matter of fact, only applications submitted online will be taken into consideration. Should you be interested in applying for this job, please commence your application online here.
Applications received after the closing date which is August 6th 2018 will not be accepted or considered. All applicants who are shortlisted will be asked to submit copies of their documentation for the sake of verification purposes. Should you be asked to include the reference number of this advert, please write AGR 2018-40. Furthermore, shortlisted applicants will be subjected to interviews on a time, date and place as determined by the hiring department. Note that, it is your responsibility to make sure you submit your application before the deadline.
Technical support will only be available from 8:00 to 16:00 from Monday to Friday in case you experience any difficulties in submitting your application online. You can contact the Helpline at this number: 086 1145 465
Or, alternatively, send an email to: [email protected]
Should you have any further enquiries regarding the Administration Clerk vacancy at the Department of Agriculture, please contact: Mr F Dreyer at (021) 887 0324